Try to buy Local, but a GREAT deal is hard to pass

Talk anything related to Shooting, Reloading, etc.
M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Try to buy Local, but a GREAT deal is hard to pass

Post by M.Bird » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:38 am

Miss read my tracking information on a new weapon that I purchased (look at wrong tracking number), I though the rifle was delivered. I jump into the truck and go down to the gun shop that I do business with, I asked about the deliver, they did not get any today, I figure out I cannot read the proper email. The Owner (“S”) asked what I purchased, I tell him a Troy Industries Bravo Rifle, and he asked why I did not buy local. I like to buy local any time I can even if a “little” more money. “S” tells me I have to pay the state sales tax (in cash) and transfer fee no background fee I have my CCW. I was aware of this, I told “S” that for the money I paid for this he could not even get close. He had a Troy Alpha for sale 3 weeks ago for under MSRP, I told him I was about $700.00 under his price, “S” looked at me real funny (throwing the bullshit) I showed him the receipt from Troy for what they charged me. Now he is getting mad at me. He goes and looks at his distributor list and the bottom of the line troy is $365.00 more than I paid. “S” asked me how I came across this price, I explain it was a special offering on Troy’s web site for a government contract overrun and they were offering them at a reduced price: he is mad and directed being upset at me. He is on the Troy page looking for the deal, but it is over. The rifle is to be delivered on Tuesday (not Monday) as I get ready to leave, “S” tells me that they will call me when the rifle is ready to pick up after they get it logged in to the received book. I guess I will not see the rifle for a couple of days after delivery. Having purchased several rifles and recommending him too many others, I left there with a bad taste. I like to buy local, but that much money makes a real difference. I might have to look for a new place to do transfers:
What is your thoughts of this?

killerbee

Re: Try to buy Local, but a GREAT deal is hard to pass

Post by killerbee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:08 pm

My thoughts are - man that was really hard to read!

You might edit your post and , with the thought that nobody knows what you are talking about, rewrite it with the details that you are wanting to include in your post. Try to remember that it's somebody's livelihood that you are putting on the world wide Web and situations aren't always the same.
From what I can tell, you weren't happy about somebody. But that's all I could follow

TheHardWay
2 point
2 point

Re: Try to buy Local, but a GREAT deal is hard to pass

Post by TheHardWay » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 am

If the guys at the place you are getting the gun transferred at can't respect someone wanting to save a bunch of money, I say it's time to find a new place. Part of having an FFL includes doing transfers.