Your Dope sheet

Talk anything related to Shooting, Reloading, etc.
M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Your Dope sheet

Post by M.Bird » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:09 pm

You can call this a Rant if you want; but made me think:

I was at the range this past Saturday, verifying data between my “Dope Sheet” and actual results, a gentleman that was shooting a couple benches over, came over and asked why I don’t use a ballistic program that is available. (He then gave me a 5 minute sermon on an app for ballistics)

I replied that I prefer to use my own data because I know where it comes from and that I can trust it.

Having use FM 23-10 and FM 3.05.222 I can develop what I need and I know how I got the answers.

Am I out of Date?

Do other shooters make their own tables or rely on someone else to do their work?

If you rely on a ballistic program how accurate is it for you?

ABert

Re: Your Dope sheet

Post by ABert » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:00 pm

I've yet to start reloading, though I've got most of the equipment. Once I do start, I'll be using my own dope sheet as you do. I currently use ballistic tables for factory loads, though.

And, yes, I consider myself old school in most things. The only apps I'm interested in are those that are on the menu of a restaurant or bar.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:39 pm

OHHH.
Wrong kind of dope sheet.
Carry on.
LOL
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

donut slayer
Fawn
Fawn

Post by donut slayer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:28 pm

The apps are only good for about 300 yards or so. I use one out to about 900 yards but my data sheet is much better. Data sheets are much more like pin point accuracy.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:09 pm

I generally will print a sheet off the internet to get a rough idea of where I should be hitting and go from there. I've been reloading along time but I'm just getting into this long range stuff, and am still in the process of dialing everything in.