Limb Saver Barrel De-resonator

Talk anything related to Shooting, Reloading, etc.
sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Limb Saver Barrel De-resonator

Post by sneekeepete » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Has anyone used these? I have seen them on some guys rifles but have never heard anyone personal experiences with them.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: Limb Saver Barrel De-resonator

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:55 pm

We had a thread somewhere about this with some great points, I think it was in Rifle hunting before we begged Brett for a shooting/reloading forum. I don't think that they make a noticable difference, but they don't hurt either.----shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks for the input. I must have been hunting when this was brought up last time. thanks for taking the time to chime in again.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

wackmaster
Fawn
Fawn

Post by wackmaster » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:43 am

I built a 27 ultramag and it shot 3/4-1" groups. after puting a limb saver De-resanater on it shot 5/8-1/2" groups. The only problem was then I was stuck with that birds nest on my bbl.
I couldn't stand it so I replaced the rifle.

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:21 pm

I tried one on my 223 M70..... made accuracy worse... tried it in several different posisitions.

The only problem was then I was stuck with that birds nest on my bbl.
I couldn't stand it so I replaced the rifle.
you could have carefully cut it off with a razor?????

BowtechAdmiral
Spike
Spike

Post by BowtechAdmiral » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:39 pm

I think the guys from Eastman's uses them. Do they melt on your barrel if it gets to hot? I have been thinking of getting one for my 300 ultra mag.
New School Archer. Never settle with good. Always looking for something better.

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:47 pm

no, I don't think they'd melt

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:16 am

If your rifle barrel is so weak that a small rubber ring takes the whip out of it and makes it more rigid you need a new barrel.Go to a long range shooting competition and count how many are being used....0,if they increased accuracy by any amount they would use them.Eastmans would strap a dog turd to thier gun if they were being sponsored by it,they need to get sponsore by a shooting instructor,Ive never seen so many miss's on a hunting show,I dont think they can kill an antelope without missing it first.

crunch14
2 point
2 point

Post by crunch14 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:08 am

NONYA wrote:If your rifle barrel is so weak that a small rubber ring takes the whip out of it and makes it more rigid you need a new barrel.Go to a long range shooting competition and count how many are being used....0,if they increased accuracy by any amount they would use them.Eastmans would strap a dog turd to thier gun if they were being sponsored by it,they need to get sponsore by a shooting instructor,Ive never seen so many miss's on a hunting show,I dont think they can kill an antelope without missing it first.

HAHA I couldn't have said it better myself. I've never seen a sniper with a deresonator. And not just the eastmans show but a lot of hunting shows have incredible misses. I'm not an expert but I stick to the basics. Consistant hold/point of aim, breathing and trigger squeeze. When I first got my Model 700 I took the 5 different rounds I wanted to hunt with, the one with the smallest 3=shot group is what I use. Fed. Prem. 180grn partitions give a consistant 1"-1-1/2" group at 100 yards.

How do these "professional" hunters miss 75-100 yard shots from a stand? I mean they've ranged all the trees, watched the deer for 5 or 10 minutes, steady rest. It's not like they're doing a spot and stalk and have 5 seconds to make a decision and take a shot on a runner.
Just remember they call it hunting not finding. It's all about the stories.
OIF vet 2003 SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

crunch14
2 point
2 point

Post by crunch14 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:09 am

Sorry about that I got on a bit of a rant.
Just remember they call it hunting not finding. It's all about the stories.
OIF vet 2003 SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY