what guide services in AZ lack ethics?

Talk anything related Guides & Outfitters
Sponsored by: http://huntingoutfitters.net/
lv2hunt
Fawn
Fawn

what guide services in AZ lack ethics?

Post by lv2hunt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:21 pm

in the last few years I have heard several stories/ complaints regarding guides in my state, attempting to bully and discourage hunters. Az has a first come first served stance, and they don't seem to respect it. I have seen empty bleach bottles near tanks.I have had them set up right next to me on ridges and tanks I even had them pull trees across roads to discourage me from hunting an area. I am not sure if I can mention their name but they're from the cottonwood area. I have heard several like stories from friends and other hunters. If I can post their name let me know. But the reason for this post is the word needs to be out there. I have made complaints to the authority having jurisdictions and now its time to notify the people who really matter, do to lack of interest from those groups.Hunting isnt only for people who can afford to pay $5000.-$10,000 for guided hunts. Its for all, even those poor hunters like me I think its time to get the word out about these groups and maybe affect their hunting experience instead. Does anyone have similar stories

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: what guide services in AZ lack ethics?

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:55 pm

It does not only happen in Arizona. There are outfitters who do similar things here in Colorado to like setting up there whole main camp right in the middle of a open Forest service road. Or guys on horses pushing all the elk to private land 2 days before the season opens. Or when they use vehicles to run up and down a road to keep the elk from leaving the private land. :>/ #-o \

Try turning them in and see if anyone bothers to pursue an investigation it can be a real joke to try to bring any justice on these people. ](*,)
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

dw33
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dw33 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 am

Man, those are some dirty tactics. Unbelievable.

rimrocknewt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by rimrocknewt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:05 pm

*raises hand...lol
i know but will remain quiet :thumb

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm

have you talked with the outfitting service? or the warden in that area?

iditarodgrizzly
Fawn
Fawn

Post by iditarodgrizzly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:06 am

Hunting 1/2 mile from private land. Guy on horse comes up to me to make sure I know where land line is and that I will be prosecuted if I get on their land. This was first words out of his mouth. A--hole. Stayed with a couple hundred yards of me for about 30 min. riding horse on public land trying to guide elk back on private land. It was intense as words passed back in forth but, he got his way, ruined my hunt. What's with this??? I feel your pain, something should be done but, forest ranger says nothing can be done, they didn't break laws!!
When was the last time I did something for the FIRST time?

1azbowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 1azbowhunter » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:33 pm

iditarodgrizzly wrote:Hunting 1/2 mile from private land. Guy on horse comes up to me to make sure I know where land line is and that I will be prosecuted if I get on their land. This was first words out of his mouth. A--hole. Stayed with a couple hundred yards of me for about 30 min. riding horse on public land trying to guide elk back on private land. It was intense as words passed back in forth but, he got his way, ruined my hunt. What's with this??? I feel your pain, something should be done but, forest ranger says nothing can be done, they didn't break laws!!
i can't believe that!!this just pisses me off reading about it.
well up on the strip during the archery hunt my dad went to a tank around noon to check his cam and some other hunters were there putting up a groundblind and my dad said he could hear them pissin n moanin about my dad being there and later that day my dad was driving by and saw a trash bag over his camera!

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Post by spoofman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:41 am

its is too bad we couldnt ride our horse just inside the private property and tell them to stay off the public ground or they were going to be in trouble just to ruin their hunt....but that would be illegal....symantics if you ask me....there should be a law prohibitting harrassment of fellow hunters...IMHO

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:40 am

I know of a big well known guide service in Utah that does the same thing. He even goes to the Land owners and offers them money if his clients kill trophy animals on their land discouraging land owners to grant permission to other hunters that have drawn "limited entry" tags. I feel the same as you on this page but how can regular guys compete with high dollar outfits?
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

jamie-texas
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jamie-texas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 am

There are always few who spoil name of whole group