Looking to trade CO. elk hunt for OK. TX hunt

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
42piontwhitetail
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Looking to trade CO. elk hunt for OK. TX hunt

Post by 42piontwhitetail » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:28 pm

halibutaddict wrote:Your pen raised,geneticly enhanced,steroid fed bionic deer dont impress anyone here,we hunt mostly muleys and nobody here hunts penned game,there are plenty of elk pens in TX you can hunt,,why go to Co. and risk not killing something,thats almost like HUNTING! lol why not just hire a guide in CO. one of your monster pen raised bucks has to bring in more $ than you would spend on a Co. elk hunt,there are a few high fence elk pens in CO,maybe they would trade you?
im not looking to impress anyone here i have thousands of acres of free range deer hunting i have never hunted on this ranch. I have never hunted on any high fence ranch but my buddy owns the ranch and i just threw it in the post if someone would rather hunt the ranch hunt it. if they want to hunt the free range they are more than welcome to hunt the freerange. i have 4 whitetail on my wall all are over 140" and all was free range. If you think your little funny posts are going to piss me off or run me off then your wrong. I know your pissed because you tried to make me look like a liar and i proved that im not. so you come in here with your anger and try to be funny. Dont waste your time here im sure you can find better things to do than come here to harrass people. Grow up buddy and have a great day!

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Simmer down guys. To each is own, If you dont like a post just dont reply. No need to go and take stabs at each other.
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

ABert

Post by ABert » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:07 pm

bigbuck92 wrote:Simmer down guys. To each is own, If you dont like a post just dont reply. No need to go and take stabs at each other.
I agree, no need in the attacks. The gentleman just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in swapping hunts and helping each other out. Questions were asked and he answered them, plain and simple.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 pm

I know this is going off on a tangent.. but it got me wondering... sometimes in the human race people have Pituitary gland problems, and it makes them either freakishly large at a young age, or vice versa.. do you think its possible that this could also happen to animals? just wondering haha that would be pretty interesting to find out.
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

42piontwhitetail
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 42piontwhitetail » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:20 pm

I know that the deer on my buddies ranch are not on any type of steroids he feeds high protien. He has told me that he does alot of research on genetics and has came to that the Doe carries just as important genetics to having a large rack as the buck does too. so he gets a doe that he knows drops wide and long tines not so much on the mass then breeds her to a buck that is known for producing big mass and dont pay much attention to the tine length or the width or vice versa and it makes a buck with good mass wide and tall racks its not 100% successful but when it is it ends up like this. the top photo is the 195" 2yr old and the bottom one is the sire
Attachments
reederbreeder.jpg
Reeders breeder buck.JPG

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:53 pm

i just have a tuff time finding anything even remotely interesting about it.
i would get just as excited, which is none at all, if it was a really big texas longhorn. :thumb