Spider Bull "Wanna Be"

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
camodup
3 point
3 point

Spider Bull "Wanna Be"

Post by camodup » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:23 pm

At Broadmouth Canyon Ranch this year in Idaho we have just harvested the biggest bull elk ever killed. It is going to beat the old SCI record for a typical elk by almost 30 inches. It scored a whopping 526 Typical and 545 Non-typical.

I dunno anything except this about this bull... You cant tell me he dont have some kind of growth hormone, and look how ridiculously much he looks like spider bull...

But im not gonna judge anyone or anything in the matter.. Definitely is an amazaing animal and congrats to the hunter! What a hog!
Attachments
44309_440881249000_369164194000_5123172_8321732_n.jpg
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

camodup
3 point
3 point

Re: Spider Bull "Wanna Be"

Post by camodup » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:23 pm

The first little liner isnt my doings, its just what came with the photo from the website.
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 pm

GOOD GRIEF!! I'd like to hear more about this bull, I assume this is a high fence deal?

halibutaddict
Spike
Spike

Post by halibutaddict » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Whats impressive about feeding an elk hormones and steroids and letting someone shoot it?NOTHING

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 pm

yea, i dont really care to hear the story of the so called hunt,and i still cant believe SCI accepts these beef cows for record books :>/

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:53 pm

Just to be fair, the ranch does offer both high-fence as well as free range hunting. But with the refferal to SCI and not Boone&Crockett, I would assume this is a high-fence animal. I'm sure the facts will come out sooner or later. I wish SCI would discredit these types of animals because I prefer their method of scoring for big game trophies. I personally don't like the deductions in B&C because I think that trophies should be based upon total amount of bone and not beauty/symmetry especially in animals like pronghorn where there is no Non-typical category. I would also like to see separate categories for ranch/private guided hunts and public land DIY hunts. To me, a 160-170 DIY PL buck is way more of a trophy than a 190 winter range ranch special.-----------------SS
Last edited by Springville Shooter on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

needs_recoil
Fawn
Fawn

Post by needs_recoil » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:01 pm

halibutaddict wrote:Whats impressive about feeding an elk hormones and steroids and letting someone shoot it?NOTHING
I am not disagreeing with your statement one bit. But that is still one burn of a set of horns. May not really wanna read about the hunt or anything but I would like to see more pictures. Juiced or not I think he looks awesome.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Yup, it's a high fenced hunt. We've went over this topic many, many times. Most of us will agree....it's certainly not a trophy of any kind in most of our books.

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Springville Shooter wrote:Just to be fair, the ranch does offer both high-fence as well as free range hunting. But with the refferal to SCI and not Boone&Crockett, I would assume this is a high-fence animal. I'm sure the facts will come out sooner or later. I wish SCI would discredit these types of animals because I prefer their method of scoring for big game trophies. I personally don't like the deductions in B&C because I think that trophies should be based upon total amount of bone and not beauty/symmetry especially in animals like pronghorn where there is no Non-typical category. I would also like to see separate categories for ranch/private guided hunts and public land DIY hunts. To me, a 160-170 DIY PL buck is way more of a trophy than a 190 winter range ranch special.-----------------SS
+1
I also like the "beef cow" comment.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

buckykm1
2 point
2 point

Post by buckykm1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Springville Shooter wrote:Just to be fair, the ranch does offer both high-fence as well as free range hunting. But with the refferal to SCI and not Boone&Crockett, I would assume this is a high-fence animal. I'm sure the facts will come out sooner or later. I wish SCI would discredit these types of animals because I prefer their method of scoring for big game trophies. I personally don't like the deductions in B&C because I think that trophies should be based upon total amount of bone and not beauty/symmetry especially in animals like pronghorn where there is no Non-typical category. I would also like to see separate categories for ranch/private guided hunts and public land DIY hunts. To me, a 160-170 DIY PL buck is way more of a trophy than a 190 winter range ranch special.-----------------SS

AMEN.

Kevin