Manti early season elk

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
tenaciousC
Fawn
Fawn

Manti early season elk

Post by tenaciousC » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Hey guys, new to the whole forum thing. But my dad finally drew his manti rifle elk tag... only took him 15 years. I had an archery tag there in 07 and killed a 300 six point. I never really got on anything too big and I was hoping for something a bit better for him. He has only ever killed a spike so any branch bull would be big to him. Any info would be great. We usually hunt from spring city canyon to 12 mile... anybody suggest anywhere else? I know its a huge unit so I try not to spread myself too thin. Just looking for a couple more spots to check out. I've heard fish creek can produce some good bulls, and so can the muddy drainage. Just don't know whether to go north or south... willing to give some info on the wasatch front for deer and moose or goats. Deer in a few colorado units too. Thanks

BLC
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Manti early season elk

Post by BLC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Funny how you have to offer other info to get info..... send me a PM I've hunted the Manti for many years and I can give you a few ideas where to look.

tenaciousC
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tenaciousC » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Hey BLC scouting was kind of rough last weekend due to the amount of snow and poor weather... we did see a couple hundred + cows and calves with a few small bulls mixed in. We did find one group of eight bulls with six of them being six points... one was a 350 class bull. Kind of disappointing but we really couldn't make it to where we wanted to go. Going down again on the 24th weekend so hopefully we'll have a bit more access

JimmyB
Spike
Spike

Post by JimmyB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:56 am

I've only been around there a few times and hunted Elk once on the general spike. I hunted the canyon in Ephraim above Snow College and I saw some good bulls up there..... sadly no spikes for me though haha
Shooter McGavin

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:15 am

Shot you a PM
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28