springville shooter- how'd the Oregon hunt go?

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
killerbee

springville shooter- how'd the Oregon hunt go?

Post by killerbee » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:38 pm

I'm dying to know. I still think you should have came here, but I sure hope you did well on your hunt!

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: springville shooter- how'd the Oregon hunt go?

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:49 pm

Didn't even buy the tag.
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:44 pm

What?
Are you kidding?
Fill me in !! I hope it was cause something else, GOOD, came up. Man now I REALLY WISH you would have put in here. But I really hope something bad didn't come up. What happened?

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:09 am

Nothing good came up. We scouted and saw very few elk and absolutely no quality. Then, the USFS decided to shut down the main paved road that provides acces to the unit for asphalt repair during the whole season. So the hunt was looking like a long hike for a small bull. I decided to go to Idaho whitetail hunting instead. The two from our group who did the hunt hiked a LONG ways to kill small rag-horn bulls. Oh well.....live and learn. Idaho ended up being great this year and I'm glad I didn't screw with the elk tag. See you in 5 years when I get my points built back up!-------------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Springville Shooter wrote:Nothing good came up. We scouted and saw very few elk and absolutely no quality. Then, the USFS decided to shut down the main paved road that provides acces to the unit for asphalt repair during the whole season. So the hunt was looking like a long hike for a small bull. I decided to go to Idaho whitetail hunting instead. The two from our group who did the hunt hiked a LONG ways to kill small rag-horn bulls. Oh well.....live and learn. Idaho ended up being great this year and I'm glad I didn't screw with the elk tag. See you in 5 years when I get my points built back up!-------------SS
Glad to hear you had a good Idaho trip, hopefully we'll get to see some pictures and heat a story. ..lol

Absolutely, instead of just building those points you should apply for Ochoco . You could draw it Year out of the 25% pool. If and when you do draw, I'll make sure you have a good trip. This year ended up being a good year to have the tag. A lot of guys were pulling in some real decent bulls.