Thanks!

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Jackson10
Spike
Spike

Thanks!

Post by Jackson10 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Well guys the buck is gone and i cant do much about it. The guy that has it know this site or has a buddy that gets on here and reads this. I hope you are happy with taking a kids buck that is my dream buck? Biggest thing ive ever shot at and im lucky enough to have someone take it. Ive lost sleep over this buck, spent countless hours looking for him and this isnt the way i was hoping it would end. You really screwed me over and ruined a year of hunting for me. Maybe if you have any kindness in your body you could give him back but thats up to you. :-k Thanks again buddy you just made my day! :>/ :>/ :>/

SoleSearcher
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Thanks!

Post by SoleSearcher » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:52 am

To each his own I guess but if it were me that found your buck I would have definitely given it back.......I don't need a set of horns bad enough to act like a douchenozzle. I feel for ya man!
"ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE, NEVER AN ORDEAL"

Heads or Tails
2 point
2 point

Post by Heads or Tails » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I could be mistaken, but I don't think it is legal for a person to just take a dead animal they find....unless they trying to claim they shot it too...then that can end up being a pretty good can of worms to deal with, but if it was my deer I would definitely open the can....!
Heads or Tails Hunting Co.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:30 pm

My question is, was the buck legal to kill/shoot where it was taken? Meaning was it within City Limits?

If your story is true that someone took the buck, knowing they didn't kill it or shoot it. Who does that? I mean seriously? Who wants a buck you didn't kill, knowing someone else did? Buck was probably dead when they took it, if not mortally wounded and dying. So they finish it off and claim it's there buck?

Personally I would be trying to find the rightful owner/hunter and return the deer.

Jackson10
Spike
Spike

Post by Jackson10 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:31 pm

It was complety legal we even talked to the police.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Well Jackson I feel for ya bud, you really got screwed by some one. I'm sure they'll be real proud of that harvest (I mean theft). Sorry this stuff just bothers me, and I have nothing to do with it. Sorry about your loss.

bh107
Spike
Spike

Post by bh107 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:51 pm

While the police was a good thought, I would contact a game warden about the issue. It would be their jurisdiction, and they will definitely have a better knowledge of how to deal with it. That being said, I really hope you get this resolved.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:07 pm

I agree I would get the game warden involved ASAP. It sounds like you know who has the deer. I can't believe that the warden wouldn't get this worked out for you so at lease you get the antlers back..
Unless the person who has it claims they found it and finished it off like Brett said. It's not legal to remove a old skull you come across how can it be legal to take a fresh deer without reporting it??
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 pm

DNR has already been involved, unfortunately we have some dishonest people and the poor kid got hosed.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm not 100% up on Utah rules and regulations but I believe it's legal to take a dead animal provided you have a valid tag for that area and weapon and notch your tag.

The grey area would be if they knew you shot it, waited for you leave, and purposely and deceptively took the animal and claimed it as their own. HOWEVER, if they were just out hunting like you were and came across what they thought was an animal that was wounded and died from an unknown hunter then they would be well within their right to notch their tag and claim the animal. (Of course, this is all under the assumption that this was on public land) Apparently you were not present so they couldn't ask if it were yours and/or if you wounded a nice buck.

Sorry man, I do not know the whole story so this might all be conjecture. However, and it seems that I am in the minority here, I don't have a problem whatsoever with a guy that will notch his tag on a kill he found. The animal doesn't go to waste this way, which would bother me more than anything else. (Again, this is with the assumption that the guy didn't know who shot it and didn't sit and wait for the shooter to leave before grabbing the animal. That's a whole nother story and is quite literally stealing) I hate hearing about animals that go to waste and I could care less what he tells his friends. The animal was taken home and not left out there to rot.