suggestions?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
mastergreenhead
Fawn
Fawn

suggestions?

Post by mastergreenhead » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Anyone have ideas for CO mountian muleys? Older guy with ground blinds that hunts Ea CO and SW NE from trees mostly. Any ideas to drawthem in are appreciated. New experience for me. Decoys, scents, water? South of Gunnison
TY
Me likes the elk, loves the deer, and drool's over the mallard type ducks with toes up in a plate of gravys.

mastergreenhead
Fawn
Fawn

Re: suggestions?

Post by mastergreenhead » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Okay then.
I'll let you know after my own trials/errors.
Mastergreenhead
Me likes the elk, loves the deer, and drool's over the mallard type ducks with toes up in a plate of gravys.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Probably no different than here in Utah. Some guys spot and stalk. I'm not good at that. But what I do is set up cameras preseason. During the extended hunt I just find a place that looks like there is a lot of traffic and hide myself.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

ABert

Post by ABert » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Depends on the terrain for the most part. Heavily wooded, which doesn't sound like where you are head, I'll sit over of trail or water source. Open country I get out on the old spot and stalk. Some what familiar with the area you will be hunting and believe the latter would do better for you.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

mastergreenhead
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mastergreenhead » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:25 pm

great suggestions guys and confirrmed my thoughts. Trying some whitetail tactics and will report back. Muleys are nomads and short of the rut are as unpredictable as my wife! Expecting a challenge and believe there's got to be a way to sucker them. I'll bottle it if found......lol
Thank you

mastergreenhead
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mastergreenhead » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Hunting in CO was basically rained-out and the deer went into deep cover. CO experienced horrible rain the week I could go so I left plenty for ya'll. Rain does decrease activity and is a mental note I've made.
More for the gunners and good luck guys!

ABert

Post by ABert » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Glad to hear you left some out there, I'll be up there 3rd season in Nov.

Not glad to hear you got rained out. I've had that happen with snow before.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.