Anyone use Ramcats?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Rockymtnarcher
Fawn
Fawn

Anyone use Ramcats?

Post by Rockymtnarcher » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm curious what you Ramcat shooters think of them. How does their point of impact compare to field tip point of impact? Do you have issues keeping blades tight? How well do they work on an animal? Thanks

Rockymtnarcher
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Anyone use Ramcats?

Post by Rockymtnarcher » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:52 pm

I went ahead and got some to try out. I'm very happy with them. They fly better than any broad head that I've tried. Although the blades look a little weak they actually are pretty sturdy. I've shot them into several different targets and they are holding up very well. I have not had to replace blades on my practice heads yet. The only problem that I have encountered is one of the blades loosened a bit while removing it from my quiver on a hunt although this didn't affect the accuracy of it. From my experience so far this will be what I use from now on. I'll post once I bring down an animal with them, for anyone who may be interested.

JDavid
Spike
Spike

Post by JDavid » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Yes I'm interested let us know what kind of damage they do. I have some that I've shot at a target they group great but I've always been worried about the blades holding up when hitting ribs.
Is someone with 10 million dollars any happier than someone with 9 million?

dashj7
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dashj7 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:08 pm

I was worried about the blade but so far they have held up great. Im a believer in them after 2 seasons. I have killed several deer and hogs. One bear. They have worked flawlessly and shoot great. They make my arrow flight a lot quieter than other heads.
200lb boar
200lb boar
IPhone Uploads 003.jpg (116.17 KiB) Viewed 14825 times
IPhone Uploads 006.jpg
IPhone Uploads 006.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 14825 times
This is the broadhead after breaking the offset shoulder! 40 yds and Dead!!!

Madhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Madhunter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:05 pm

I personally am not a big fan of them. I've recieved them free through a sponsorship, as well as a few others in our group. I couldn't shoot them out of my bow. I have my arrows cut too short and the blades were pretty close to hitting my bow upon release. I'm not buying new, longer cut arrows to switch the broadheads. My buddy had blades go missing from walking from his truck to stand. They must've rattled loose and fell out! That's the biggest concern I saw in the construction. On the other hand, another buddy really likes them.