Boulder mountain archery elk hunt video

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Scott702
2 point
2 point

Boulder mountain archery elk hunt video

Post by Scott702 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Hey I don't know if you guys have seen this video or not, but I just wanted to share it in case you haven't and hear your guys thoughts. I think it is pretty awesome how he held out and waited for that one bull and didn't shoot another bull after that one got away. Anyways lets hear your guys thoughts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So6sg3FJ7vg

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Boulder mountain archery elk hunt video

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:28 pm

My thoughts is that's one of the coolest archery elk hunts I've EVER seen. I'm dumbfounded that he got another exact same encounter shot only 10 days later. Truly amazing and great capture on film.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:05 pm

My 13 year-old texted me and told me I have to watch this youtube elk hunt. I have to agree that it is amazing. This is one of the most well done hunt videos I've seen. I love the unscripted raw emotions. The highs, the low, the persistance. Awesome footage. I thank Eric Chesser for sharing his awesome hunt experience for us to live vicariously.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:08 pm

I agree. One of the coolest self filmed hunt I've seen. I could watch 50 of these hunts over most of the hunts on tv

Scott702
2 point
2 point

Post by Scott702 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:30 am

I agree with everything you guys said! Haha after I watched it the first time I found myself wanting to go back and watch it again just a few hours later! Ha it is an awesome hunting experience and it is captured excellently! It made me miss hunting season a ton! Not to mention that is an awesome bull on top of everything else! Lots of character!

BHemingway801
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BHemingway801 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:06 am

It is cool and true. To be an archery hunter and know how much time and effort it takes to harvest an animal with your bow, it really hits close to home. This is the true meaning of persistence and dedication. I also hunt the Boulders for deer on the archery hunt and I remember it raining ALL WEEK opening week that year. It made for a hard hunt.