What brand rifle?

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
DeadI

What brand rifle?

Post by DeadI » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm

If you were going to get a new rifle what brand would you go with? Not interested in calibers just the brand and model.

The rifle I have now is a remington wood stock CDL I believe. I love it.
Deadi

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: What brand rifle?

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Kimber

weatherby mark V

Remington 700 CDL

Browning Xbolt

Winchester 70
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:51 pm

I own Remington, Weatherby, Ruger, & Browning. The Remington is a model 700 BDL wood stock and it's the best shooter and has the best trigger too....great gun! However, I think I may go with a lightweight Sako or HS Precision for my next rifle....something a little more rugged and backpack friendly. Definitely a little more pricey, but seem to get really good reviews on accuracy and triggers...plus I think they look good! :) I don't know anyone that has one though, so I can't go test one. :>/ All that said, I still think Remington is one of the tops...

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Remy then ruger for me :thumb

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Remmy, Savage, and Kimber.... Nuff said :thumb
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm

For mainstream stuff, I like Remington , then Savage, then Ruger, then the Weatherby Vanguard. For higher level stuff, I like Cooper, then Kimber, then Sako. If I had to bet a paycheck on the most accurate out-of-the-box it would be Savage. I like Remington because they are well built, usually accurate from the factory, and are very easy to upgrade and accurize.----------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:36 am

i would add Tikka T-3 to the short list.

garrentied sub M.O.A out of the box, fully adjustable trigger, light weight, and just a great gun. ( although i dont own one) but a few years back, a buddies wife came to me and wanted me to pick him out a gun for his birthday. after alot of looking , i couldn't find a better gun for the price. now he love it!

it's been mentioned already, but weatherby mark 5 is awsome too, + you get to enjoy alot of fine calibers good ol' Roy Weatherby came up with.

but in todays time, there are alot of great guns. it's hard to go wrong with many of them

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I have a mixed pot but my go to is a Winchester model 70.

I have got to say though, there are soooooooo......many great shooting rifles out of the box anymore it is hard to go wrong. Manufacturing, new triggers being offered stock, a lot of the stocks are very nice quality with alum bed blocks etc.

It used to be a real trick to get a MOA rifle. It normally meant spending big bucks, but today you can get it from a production rifle right out of the box.

This doesn't mean there are not lemons produced time to time but I think it is rare these days. It it also doesn't mean there are not those out there that go just a little further than others when it come to fit ,finish, and function. But still I am impressed what we have to choose from today.

I love em all, give em all to me! :thumb

sawsman
2 point
2 point

Post by sawsman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:54 pm

A Cooper Arms of Montana, Model 54- Custom Classic.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing it, dosen't go away."-Philip K. Dick

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:01 pm

I bought a TC Venture in 300 win mag a month ago and it is a keeper. $450.00 with a $50.00 rebate which brought it to $400.00. I've shot it in 105 to 85 degree weather and it stays right at the same zero. Nice trigger right out of the box so I sold my Browning A-Bolt and bought another in 270 to replace it. So far it behaves the same way and has the same good trigger. Shot several groups from 3/4" to one hole at 100 yards then practiced out to 300 meters. Shoots well offhand too. Had no problem ringing the 200 meter steel. Going Coues deer hunting on the border near Nogales Nov 5 and can't wait to try it out.
Mark