Remington Sendero?

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: Remington Sendero?

Post by Springville Shooter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 am

I think that the accumark is comparable to the Sendero and costs alot more. I have shot a couple that performed very well. My problem with the Weatherby is that it is not offered in many cartridges that I would want to shoot/reload for. While the accumark is great, I think that the Sendero is just as good, costs alot less, and is offered in far more mainstream cartridges. For those who like to customize, there is no better platform than an accurized 700 action. I do think that the accumark gets the nod in appearance though. That is one darned good looking rifle. ----SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

Envious of the West
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Envious of the West » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 pm

I know this is an old post, but I load for two different guys with senderos. Both in 300 RUM and I will say one thing, they are tack drivers! Not too heavy, I would trade the weight for confidence in my rifle any day!
Thanks to all involved with this site, it is a great resource for hunting enthusiasts, both rookies and seasoned vet's!

WaDeer Hunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by WaDeer Hunter » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:20 pm

I own a Sendero in 300RUM and hands down it will out perform any weatherby and save ya a grand. Also the remington action is by far better than the weatherby, so sorry if ya wasted the money for the name.

Mclain
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mclain » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

This 5 things useful for a good hunting.
1. Select cartridge: .308 Winchester. Why: this cartridge is a widely available cartridge that has acceptable performance characteristics.

2. Select bullet weight: 150 grains. Why: anecdotal data indicates that 150 grains is an excellent bullet weight for hunting North American deer with a .308 caliber rifle.

3. Select bullet type: Soft point Expanding. Why: expanding bullets impart the most damage on the soft tissue in the chest cavity kill zone.

4. Select rifle: Savage Arms Model 111FCNS. Why: This model is the best reasonably priced rifle that I could find to satisfy my requirements; and it has the excellent, user adjustable, Savage AccuTrigger.

5. Select a scope and mounting system: In my case I ultimately chose one of Bushnell's top of the line Elite 4200 models and a hardened steel mounting base and rings. Why: This scope and mounting system satisfied my requirements and are reputed to be very rugged.