TSX vs Accubond

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
oldcp
Spike
Spike

TSX vs Accubond

Post by oldcp » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:24 pm

What is the consensus on these two bullets? I have had pretty good luck with both, but I think I prefer the Accubonds.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: TSX vs Accubond

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:51 am

I like the accubaonds over the TTSX. In my opinion they generally fly better at longer ranges, and published BC numbers see to be alot closer making BDC and windage adjustments easier to compute. I also think that they perform better on game over a larger spectrum of velocities. The Barnes do group well at close range and shoot the best 100yd groups in many of my rifles. For some reason, that accuracy often doesn't hold at longer ranges. Either bullet is great for normal use at any north American game.-----------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:39 am

I've had some limited experience with the TSX and TTSX. Both of my rifles shoot them very well, but I haven't had the chance to see what type of groups I get past 200 yards. For now, I'll probably stick to what's working best for me, but I'd like to try the accubonds out sometime as well though.

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:43 am

I'm personally a Nosler guy (accubonds and partitions), but I don't think you can go wrong with either load.

Bear2
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bear2 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:40 pm

I am not trying to steel this threads thunder, but I would like to try Accubonds in my 243 win. and compare them with their Partitions, but I do not think the Accubonds are being made in 24 caliber. Accubonds should be better for longer ranges. The Partitions do nopt have the higher B.CV. for long range us,
Bea2

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Post by Tyewire » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:37 pm

I have to give a thumbs up so far for the Barnes TTSX. It was very effective on my sheep at 150 yards. I think it did less damage than my arrow does bow hunting. I hit him low in the shoulder (arm) and passed through with a quarter size hole on the exit. Hit both lungs, ram went strait down.

Now I will have to see what they do out at longer ranges. This was my first experience with the Barnes. I too have always shot Nosler.

Oh ya, 270wsm with 130gr. 3176 fps.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:32 am

I'm still on the Nosler bandwagon, but I killed my buck in Utah with a TTSX out of my new Vanguard that the wife got me for Christmas last year and I gotta admit........I don't hate em. I shot from the onside front shoulder quartering toward me out the offside ham doing little damage suprisingly. One thing with the Barnes, you can draw a line through the animal where you hit and that's where it will go. There is value in that.--------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

wingmaster36
2 point
2 point

Post by wingmaster36 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:34 pm

I have used both with great success. My favorite between the two is the TTSX due to the on game performance that I have experienced. I just love that X exit wound on the opposite rib cage. Kind of reminds me of a small broadhead wound. It is my opinion that the TTSX when used in smaller and marginal cartridges gives them greater killing ability than the caliber would normally exibit. My favorite rifle shoots both sub moa all day long, so I would be happy with either one.
"The things that are over my head are under God's feet." Adrian Rogers

oldcp
Spike
Spike

Post by oldcp » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Is there much advantage to the TTSX over the TSX?

wingmaster36
2 point
2 point

Post by wingmaster36 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:46 am

oldcp wrote:Is there much advantage to the TTSX over the TSX?
Initial expansion begins quicker due to the tip being pushed back into the hollow cavity. It also has flatter trajectory due to the sleeker profile that the pointed plastic tip gives it. I prefer the TTSX because of those two qualities. The TSX doesn't expand quick enough for me on antelope and deer, but is great on the bigger stuff. The TTSX on the other hand, handles all applications for me very nicely. It's my one bullet to do it all from antelope to elk.
"The things that are over my head are under God's feet." Adrian Rogers