Thoughts on Tikka T3 Lite

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Thoughts on Tikka T3 Lite

Post by waspocrew » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:24 pm

Just curious to see if anyone here happens to own a Tikka T3 lite. What do you think of the rifle? The stock has always bugged me, but I saw that there are quite a few aftermarket stocks that are finally available for it. I really love how smooth the action is. I would like to know about what kind of "field experience" you have had with these rifles.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Thoughts on Tikka T3 Lite

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Don't own one but have a good friend that does. I borrowed it for the remainder of my time in NC for hunting Whitetails. Smoked a little buck right before I left too. Anywho great rifle IMO. If I were in the market for another rifle it would be towards the top of my list for sure.
He has killed 8 or 9 deer with it so far and has had great results. Seems to hold up amazing in the wet climate there and is very accurate.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Post by Tyewire » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:33 pm

I own one in the .270wsm and love it. In my opinion it is the best value for the money by far! It is light weight, the action is by far smother than anything even close to its class. The trigger is great right out of the box. The detachable magazines are great even though they are plastic. Great out of the box accuracy .

The only thing I have done to mine is ad a limbsaver recoil pad. I took my once in a lifetime big horn sheep with it packing it for many days. Recommend it :thumb
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Tyewire,
That's the exact caliber I'm looking at! I'm seriously thinking of adding one to my collection soon. Bell and Carlson have Pachmeyer decelerator pads on their stocks that I've heard are pretty close to the limbsavers. I love hearing these first hand experiences! Thanks

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:40 am

i'll just echo what sneekepeete and tyewire said- i had a friends wife ask me to pick out an elk rifle for her husband/my buddy for christmas a few years ago. I ended up picking the t-3 in a 300 WSM. you simply wont find a better gun, in that price range( and even a bunch of guns that cost alot more), that comes with as many options. a simple google search, and i bet you would come up with more great reviews than you would want to read.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Well I thought I should update.... I bit the bullet and bought a T3 lite in 270 WSM. I found a deal a Sportsmans that I couldn't refuse. I just mounted a Vortex Diamondback 4-12X40 and I'm stoked to go sight it in! I have a depredation cow elk tag that I would like to fill with this rifle!

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Post by Tyewire » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:14 pm

Sweet! Good luck on your hunt. I think you will love the rifle.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Good luck,

You will be happy with it. I own one in 338 win mag and I believe like many said they are a great value. And I think for a injected molded plastic stock it is the most rigid and accurate of that type of stock. On a lot of rifles I think of the plastic stock as a throw away but not so on the Tikka.

m48goat
Fawn
Fawn

Post by m48goat » Wed May 23, 2012 7:21 pm

think i am a little late but i have a 30-06 tikka t3 lite and first off the action is really smooth, accuracy and trigger out of the box are great. i am definitely happy with my tikka.hope you enjoy yours!

5pointbull
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 5pointbull » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:02 am

I bought a Tikka .270 wsm last fall. The rifle was al most new. I will be honest, I got a smoking deal on it for $700. But I really only bought it for the VX3 4.5 X 14 scope with long range turrets on it. I was going to resale the rifle after removing the scope. But I decided to shoot it first. The Tikka might be ugly as sin, but it is the smoothest rifle I have ever fired, I was so impressed I decided to hunt with it last year and shot a deer free handed. There is no better rifle for freehanding a shot without a rest. I'm considering seeing how well it will perform in a long distance competition this year.