New partner

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
elkhunter71
Fawn
Fawn

New partner

Post by elkhunter71 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:59 pm

Hey guys I am in the Colorado Springs area, and my partner is getting more discouraged I am not sure he will be going with me this year. Does anyone out there need a partnert? If not Ill be going at it alone. I plan on hunting area 581 this year its close to home and since its my sons first year we will go deer and elk. If anyone is interested let me know maybe we can work something out.

ABert

Re: New partner

Post by ABert » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:55 pm

I'll hopefully be moving up in the area sometime this year but have bee in hunting CO for the past twenty years or so. My brother lives out Peyton. We hunt with a couple of family members and a couple of friends every year, but not familiar with 581. We prefer 49 when we can draw there and 681 when we can't.

When I do get up there I plan on looking at much more areas in the state. Sorry, not much help at the moment but maybe in the future? We've already put in our apps for this year and the waiting game begins.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

elkhunter71
Fawn
Fawn

Re: New partner

Post by elkhunter71 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 pm

I have hunted 681 a few times, it seems very pressured in 2 and 3 season, however it is a good fall back area. I am just looking to get something closer to home due to a new job...I wont have enough time off to take the entire hunt, so i figure this is the best for me. It will be a new area for me so I will be giving it a shot...hopefully a shot at something in the unit.