BC shed hunting

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: BC shed hunting

Post by waspocrew » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:50 pm

That chuck is HUGE!! You've made quite the haul this year!

Furburger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Furburger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 pm

2013 shedding is now in full swing around Beautiful British Columbia. Guys are pounding the bush but lots of reports of the odd buck still packing,. It makes it a challenge to rework areas hoping to find a late dropper. Here are a few pics from my last few hikes.

You guys down south don't see to many brown ones from what I see online.

Furburger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Furburger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 pm

sactribe
Spike
Spike

Post by sactribe » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Such great color on your sheds up North. I love it! A lot of the deer in my area have really light antlers. They are almost white when they hit the ground other than a little color at the base. Keep it up.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:15 am

Been out a couple of times and yea I can't find any FRESH browns. I also like the color of the dark antlers.

wapitistalker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by wapitistalker » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:19 pm

WOW furburger.. thats incredible what u been finding.. u either hike a hella lot or ur hiking in some pristine virgin shed hunting grounds where nobody else goes ha.. i wonder what state ur in? excellent shed finds man i hope u find more and keep posting em up

elkantleraddict
Fawn
Fawn

Post by elkantleraddict » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Wapitistalker, the title says BC... So I'm guessing that means British Columbia.

gizmo1
2 point
2 point

Post by gizmo1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Great pics!
Romans 13: 1-4

Furburger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Furburger » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:08 am

wapitistalker wrote:WOW furburger.. thats incredible what u been finding.. u either hike a hella lot or ur hiking in some pristine virgin shed hunting grounds where nobody else goes ha.. i wonder what state ur in? excellent shed finds man i hope u find more and keep posting em up
Thanks Wapiti, lots of hiking is the key. I am lucky that my town, Kamloops, BC, is right in the middle of some incredibile deer country. mulies and whities. I can head 15 min any direction out of town and be in good looking areas. The whitie sheds are harder to find than the bucks are! I did ok so far this year with three sets but the big set still eludes me.
My buddy found a nice set he figures is over 200 so they are out there. He will do 30 k hikes (20+ miles) in a day so you have to put the miles in. The ticks are out like crazy now so that can sap your enthusiasm to get into the thick bush. Here are a few more shots.

BCBOY
Spike
Spike

Post by BCBOY » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Looks like you are having a better season than me. I've burned a ton of boot leather with very very little to show for it.
"Trophy value is not always a measure of tine and beam. It may be just a measure of hard, solid hunting in which both man and deer conducted themselves well, so that neither was shamed." - John Madson, "Why Men Hunt"