TRNP Elk reduction trip

Talk related to anything & everything.
Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

TRNP Elk reduction trip

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Well, me and my husband drew on the Elk reduction! Its coming up shortly and I hope to have lots of pictures of the trip. It should be interesting to say the least. We have been zeroing our rifles with copper bullets as per the parks request. Word of result from shooting copper the last couple weeks.. they suck, really bad. I will never use copper again that's for sure.
Will keep everyone updated on the hunt!
I don't know how we did it two years in a row, but we filled 8 total tags this year. 4 antelope, 2 mule deer bucks, and 2 cow elk. One more hunt to go..

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Re: TRNP Elk reduction trip

Post by derekp1999 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Muley Shed Freak wrote:I don't know how we did it two years in a row, but we filled 8 total tags this year. 4 antelope, 2 mule deer bucks, and 2 cow elk. One more hunt to go..
Wow, congrats on a successful year... good luck on this next one.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:35 pm

That's a way successful year! I wish I had the time to try to fill all of those tags.... good luck on the last hunt!

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:04 pm

waspocrew wrote:That's a way successful year! I wish I had the time to try to fill all of those tags.... good luck on the last hunt!
Funny, we spent a total of 6 days hunting this year. I think the key the last two years is knowing where the animals are. I spent zero days scouting for elk and antelope. We like to go into the steep nasty places no one else wants to. I think its key to our success.