a_bow_nut - Trail Cam pics.

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

a_bow_nut - Trail Cam pics.

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:30 pm

Posted these pics from a_bow_nut I'll let him tell us about them.
Cool pics by the way. :thumb

Azhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Azhunter » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:49 pm

Interesting photos, where are these camera set up at? (state)

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:01 am

Hi everybody.

These photos were all taken in Utah. My brother and I are just getting set up in the trail scouting adventure. We tried the Game-Vu cameras last year and we liked the way that they ran but the pictures were horrible so this year we switched to the Stealth Cam model DIRGX ( I think but not sure.) It is the older model. It's a 1.3 MP camera and I think that it takes some good pictures for the price. My brothers son drew a limited entry elk tag for the Pahavant unit down by Fillmore so we are scouting hot and heavy for him. The top to pictures are from last year that is when I got the first camera to see if we woulg like this one or not. the only down fall so far is that they run on six AA's and they only last a few days. This year we rewired them to run off of a small twelve volt battery and this should make them last a month or two. The total cost for the camera and battery set up is about two hundred dollars. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:46 am

a_bow_nut,

Good luck on the Pahavant, should be a fun hunt. Heck any LE Bull Elk unit is good in Utah right now.

How high up did you place that cam in the tree? Seems real high.

This Stealth cam is a digital right? Not familiar with them.

Looks like you found some good "wallow" spots though.

Keep em coming, love the pics...

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:51 am

The pictures looking down at the deer the camera is set up about ten feet off ground. The hill is real steep so we set a dead tree un the uphill side to get utp that high. Yes these are a digital camera and when we get our 256 memory cards we will be able to leave them out for a couple of months. That way when my nephews archery hunt starts we will have a good idea of where we want to go and where we want to avoid. With this hot weather I'm sure that the cameras that we have set up on the springs are filling up with pictures real quick. :)
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.