Ted Nugent shoots deer illegally (heres Proof)

Talk anything related to bowhunting
ColeHous
Fawn
Fawn

Ted Nugent shoots deer illegally (heres Proof)

Post by ColeHous » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Ted Nugent hunted California archery season in califorina where the use of any bait is illegal any feeding any game animal anytime of the year is illegal under Fish and Game code
Regulations

§251.3. Prohibition Against Feeding Big Game Mammals.

No person shall knowingly feed big game mammals, as defined in Section 350 of these regulations.

§350. Big Game Defined.

"Big game" means the following: deer (genus Odocoileus), elk (genus Cervus), pronghorn antelope (genus Antilocarpa), wild pig (feral pigs, European wild pigs and their hybrids (genus Sus), black bear (genus Ursus) and Nelson bighorn sheep (subspecies Ovis canadensis nelsoni) in the areas described in subsection 4902(b) of the Fish and Game Code.

Ted harvested a once in a lifetime buck that most hunters only dream of. He used C'mere deer to attract the deer which is strictly illegal in CA. I cannot believe that someone who is as much of a hunting activist as him would break laws. It goes to show that if you have money you can do whatever you want. I have hunted CA for 20 years and have seen a steady decline in hunters because of the poor game management. Fish and Game needs to go after him and set a example. If it is legal for him then i we should all be able use illegal measures to harvest animals. The first part of the article is written by Bill Mays, then the last is written by Nugent Himself the last paragraph clearly states that C'mere deer was used pre season. under the F&G code such activities are illegal heres the story. Make sure you read the last paragraph.
http://www.southwindent.net/a3_2%20Nugent.html
Last edited by ColeHous on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingmaster36
2 point
2 point

Re: Ted Nugent Is a Poacher (heres Proof)

Post by wingmaster36 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Or could be the generic list of sponsors that pay his bills. I wasn't there so I don't know if he actually used it or not or whether he is contractually obligated to mention their name on all published material of his hunts. If he did use it then he is in the wrong. This is the danger of when hunting becomes business instead of pleasure. I did work for Ted for 5 years as a regional director for the World Bowhunters back in the early 90's and I have never seen nor heard of Ted doing anything illegal in my contact with him or those associated with him.
"The things that are over my head are under God's feet." Adrian Rogers

ColeHous
Fawn
Fawn

Response to wingmaster

Post by ColeHous » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:58 pm

wingmaster you're 100% correct. He could be in contract but i dont think those sponsors would be to happy with the fact that he has mentioned them in a article which potentially breaks local laws and regulations. I have personally hunted the area where this buck was shot and the neighbor has over 70 pics of this buck on his trail cam. One week before season all of the animals dissapeared of his property. I know animals move but strange thing that Ted shows up to Hunt and sees all these deer. Kind of suspecious.... It's his Job as a hunter and a advocate for the sport to practice leagal hunting techniques. Also it is his job to know the Local game laws "contract" or not.
Last edited by ColeHous on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:37 pm

if he used bait yea thats wrong but it dont make him a poacher. he just baited a deer. if he had a legal tag that means hes not a poacher. a poacher is someone that kills a deer out of season or out of his/her unit
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

ColeHous
Fawn
Fawn

coloradobuck

Post by ColeHous » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:01 pm

taking any animal illegally is "poaching" that make the person who commits the act a Poacher.
6 to one, half a dozen to others. Either way what he did was illegal in the state of Ca. call it what you want....
Last edited by ColeHous on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:01 pm

A LOT of assumptions here, IMO. Unless you know he actually used the attractant on this hunt I would refrain from speculating at this point on an open forum. As mentioned earlier, it may be just a list of sponsors that always accompany his documented adventures.

If you feel strongly about it, simply call DFG and send them the info to look into. As a former warden of the Golden State, I can tell you it would be looked into if reported. Lastly, my own personal view of a true "poacher" would not encompass this incident if true........it's actually illegally using attractants or bait......a different section than poaching.

Seems these days folks are putting every violation under the "poacher" umbrella. That has inherited problems, IMO. If you have a legal tag for the proper zone, are using the proper equipment, and you take a deer and notch your tag and place it on the antler but forgot to sign your tag before the hunt in the appropriate box are you a poacher? No. You simply get a citation for the appropriate violation.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

ColeHous
Fawn
Fawn

BoHnter

Post by ColeHous » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Let me rephrase my last statements.... IMO any illegal activities used to harvest game animals make the person commitiing the act a poacher... (my opinion)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if some choose to call it "baiting" thats fine. I like Ted and watch his program's i just disagree with this and think that he needs to be aware of the laws in the area that he hunts. This is one of the major responsibilites of him as a "hunter" also if it is a list of companies that he uses on all of his articles then thats fine but if there are things that are illegal in the state then he can expect people to comment on it.

Definition:Poaching is the illegal hunting, killing or capturing of animals. This can occur in a variety of ways. Poaching can refer to the failure to comply with regulations for legal harvest, resulting in the illegal taking of wildlife that would otherwise be allowable. Examples include: Taking without a license or permit, use of a prohibited weapon or trap, taking outside of the designated time of day or year, and taking of a prohibited sex or life stage. Poaching can also refer to the taking of animals from a gazzetted wildlife sanctuary, such as a national park, game reserve, or zoo. Most countries enforce various sanctions on the hunting of wild animals, and international controls, such as bans, restrictions and monitored trade, are all aimed at controlling poaching. However, it is important to note that hunting, under specific regulations, is in fact often permitted in designated game preserves.

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:20 pm

BOHNTR wrote:A LOT of assumptions here, IMO. Unless you know he actually used the attractant on this hunt I would refrain from speculating at this point on an open forum. As mentioned earlier, it may be just a list of sponsors that always accompany his documented adventures.

If you feel strongly about it, simply call DFG and send them the info to look into. As a former warden of the Golden State, I can tell you it would be looked into if reported. Lastly, my own personal view of a true "poacher" would not encompass this incident if true........it's actually illegally using attractants or bait......a different section than poaching.

Seems these days folks are putting every violation under the "poacher" umbrella. That has inherited problems, IMO. If you have a legal tag for the proper zone, are using the proper equipment, and you take a deer and notch your tag and place it on the antler but forgot to sign your tag before the hunt in the appropriate box are you a poacher? No. You simply get a citation for the appropriate violation.
Now Roy, you know facts have no place in a thread like this. They're simply a nuisance and will be ignored.

Only opinion, innuendo and rumor are going to fly here. Now let's forget the facts, and the truth for that matter, and get back to blowing this out of proportion.
Hoyt

BOHNTR

Re: Ted Nugent shoots deer illegally (heres Proof)

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Poaching is the illegal hunting, killing or capturing of animals. This can occur in a variety of ways. Poaching can refer to the failure to comply with regulations for legal harvest, resulting in the illegal taking of wildlife that would otherwise be allowable. Examples include: Taking without a license or permit, use of a prohibited weapon or trap, taking outside of the designated time of day or year, and taking of a prohibited sex or life stage. Poaching can also refer to the taking of animals from a gazzetted wildlife sanctuary, such as a national park, game reserve, or zoo. Most countries enforce various sanctions on the hunting of wild animals, and international controls, such as bans, restrictions and monitored trade, are all aimed at controlling poaching. However, it is important to note that hunting, under specific regulations, is in fact often permitted in designated game preserves.
That is a great definition written by The Encyclopedia of Earth......and is an accurate definition, IMO. Unfortunately, there is a difference in legal descriptions and/or definitions and dictionaries.

There's a reason why we have several hundred specific and separate sections of the F&G Code that are utilized depending on the violation that occurred. Under your train of thought, there would be no need to have specific sections, we would simply re-write the F&G Code and make a "poaching" section to cover ALL illegal acts involving hunting........sorry it doesn't work that way and would not be appropriate, IMO.

I do understand your concern, and if he violated the baiting section here, he should be cited for that. I don't think anyone here will disagree with you. My point is that before we jump on the bandwagon and convict someone on this site, one should know the facts........it could be he didn't use any attractants and you've just slandered his name inappropriately. That's my only point.

I believe he has a website that he frequently answers questions on? Ask him if he used them.......from what I've seen he'll probably answer it.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Re: Ted Nugent shoots deer illegally (heres Proof)

Post by NONYA » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Dont know anything about this case but I have seen multiple infractions on shows filme here in MT,Bow hunters using luminocs,rifle hunters not wearing orange,et,ect.I dont see how they keep from getting busted when the evidence is right there on tape. ](*,)