First Coyote of the Year

Talk anything related to predators.
ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

First Coyote of the Year

Post by ElkaHolic » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:12 pm

Got out of bed really early and went out to one of my stands and all the way out there it was raining then snowing. I sat in the truck until the sun was just about to peek out. I walked in and up on a manmade water hole and found a good spot to start. It was pretty foggy and even a little dark, but my scope looked good so I started with the Dan Thomson Howler to wake them up. I waited about 1 min then (Thanks to the advice I got here) blew the circle really soft and a little shorter than usual. Well 10 seconds later a little black dot in the fog started moving in. I waited and just watched the young pup run right to me. Now at this point my scope caps were still not up, Click as I opened the front one. Oh no he stopped! Wow 70 yards out and he heard that? I just remained still and he decided to finish coming in. 50 yards out he slowed to a slow walk and Booom! Fun Fun.

I am shooting a Weatherby 22.250 SPM is a lightweight 6 1/4 lbs. and has a 410 Series blackened stainless Criterion button-rifled barrel by Krieger. The barrel has flutes to dissipate heat and is finished with an accuracy-enhancing 11-degree target crown.

A Leupold VariXII 4.5 to 14x Target scope.

O:)
There is a reason they call it Hunting, and not Killing :)
http://www.thehuntersspace.com

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Sounds like fun!

Post by shedhunter » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:10 pm

that sure sounds like a good time! Somebody has got to keep those dirty buggers down and out! That sure sounds like one burn of a gun too! I was looking into a Remington model 700 VS in a 22-250, but I'll keep dreaming with the holidays here! Maybe after the first of the year!
~shedhunter~

ElkaHolic
Spike
Spike

Post by ElkaHolic » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:17 pm

Ya the guns my pride and joy. I won some money on the craps table, so I went up to S.L.C. and made the purchase up at sportsmans warehouse. Figured it would be better than buying the wife a diamond or somthing useless like that :) I used to shoot a Ruger M77 22-250 before this one. It worked good also. Here is one I shot with the Ruger

There is a reason they call it Hunting, and not Killing :)
http://www.thehuntersspace.com