Dog Door

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Dog Door

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:58 pm

I didn’t have really anyplace here that these would fit on this forum, so I went to the place I thought would fit closest sense this is about my upland bird hunting dogs. I just put a new doggy door into my home without cutting a hole in a door. This was very important to my wife that we not poke holes in her new home so I had to figure a way for my girls to get in and out during the day in the summer this is the first year they will be alone during the day so I thought and thought and this is what I came up with.

Sadie sitting on top with Jessie poking her nose in to see whats going on

I built this dog door through the window and did not have to remove anything but the screen. I open the window when during the day and close and lock it at night. The door is made if 2 sheets of particle board ¾” thick 2’ x 20” re-enforced with 2x4’s on the window seal and the particle board they are screwed into the wood frame with 4” screws.
It is pretty sturdy I kicked it hard and it never even hinted at breaking so no one will be kicking it in while I am working. I just though if anyone was in the same boat with the doggy door thing they might be interested.

Thanks for looking Brian
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Re: Dog Door

Post by Buckmaster » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:17 pm

That's great!! My buddie has the something in his house and now his two kids use it as much as there lab.... lol
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Re: Dog Door

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:26 pm

great about the kids.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.