lets see em

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
DeadI

lets see em

Post by DeadI » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:35 pm

okay guys / gals. lets see the toms from your turkey hunts, Utahs first season opened yesterday, so post up a pic and lets see em.

My buddy CWP on here had a few toms come by him and his dad but could not get shots and then they were messed up by other hunters walking around.
Deadi

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Re: lets see em

Post by ridgetop » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:25 pm

DeadI wrote:
My buddy CWP on here had a few toms come by him and his dad but could not get shots and then they were messed up by other hunters walking around.
I know how they feel. I had some jerks come into a "walk in only area" with their atvs and scared the birds from coming to me and then about 4 hours later after I climbed much higher on the mountain up near snowline, after working a big old tom for about an hour. I finally had the tom within a few hundred feet and he was coming in strong, when those two losers :>/ drove up to within 10 feet of my decoys and the bird was gone and I called it the day after that. Oh ya, I also drove over a board with 3" grabber screws in it with me truck the night before the opener up on the mountain ](*,) , thanks guys. I thought only stuff like that happened on the Limited entry elk units.Maybe it was a board left over from last fall. :-k
There's always next year

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Sorry to hear that Ridge.

Sent you a P.M.
Deadi

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:49 am

Sorry Ridge. I hope you get your bird next time out.

Is it me, are more 'hunters' (extreme sarcasim) getting more and more rude and incosiderate? :>/ :>/ :>/
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 am

JLROOT wrote:Sorry Ridge. I hope you get your bird next time out.

Is it me, are more 'hunters' (extreme sarcasim) getting more and more rude and incosiderate? :>/ :>/ :>/
just getting lazier. walkers like me are a dying bred i fear :>/
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:01 pm

opening day
opening day
"Ne A La Chasse"

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:51 am

Great bird! Man, I want a Merriam. :thumb

jerseyelknut
Spike
Spike

Post by jerseyelknut » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Got into my spot well before daylight, I had 5-6 birds gobbling, but they all flew down on the other side of the river with hens. I left and went to another spot for a bit and saw/heard nothing. Stopped at the original spot on the way home and set up in the exact same spot. I yelped quietly off and on for about 15 minutes and this guy flew across the river to me. The shot was about 24 yards and he died about 5 feet away from my hen decoy. He weighed 23 lbs (biggest I ever shot), had a 9 1/2" beard and 1 1/2" spurs.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 pm

CONGRATS GUYS! :not-worthy

cwp
Spike
Spike

Post by cwp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:54 am

Here is my dads tom.ImageImage