spotting scope

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
9er
Monster
Monster

spotting scope

Post by 9er » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:28 pm

I recently purchsed some vortex razors and love them! im after a spotting scope that will fit easiyl into a pack, have any of you looked thru the vortex impact or the normad? if ya have, what are your thoughts?

9er

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 pm

9er,

I own a Nomad and I think it's a great little scope for the money. It's the scope I throw in my backpack. I haven't looked through the Impact, but from what I have heard it's not as good as the Nomad. Just remember that neither one of these scopes have ED glass and they are not going to be as clear and have the color fidelity that your razors do, but they also don't cost nearly as much. Here is the first picture I took through my Nomad using the digiscoping adapter from about 40 yards away right before dark.
Attachments
Vortex 003 (Medium).jpg
Vortex 003 (Medium).jpg (93.19 KiB) Viewed 3954 times

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:37 am

Cool pictures, I have the Skyline ED one. But it's a bit big to be packing around in a backpack IMO.

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:51 am

thanks for the help guys!!!!

Torch, how does the nomad do early morings, late evening? I know its not going to be the top of the line, but just wondering how it comapres to the other scopes you have used in that price/quality range!

9er

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:20 pm

9er,

The only scope I have owned/used in the Nomads price range is the Leupold Sequoia and IMHO the Nomad is much better. I compared it side by side with the Skyline ED before I bought it and I couldn't tell a difference between the two scopes other than the larger field of view and a slight edge in low light with the Skyline. For some reason I was not able to notice the difference of the ED glass in the Skyline, like I do with my Vipers. I think the Nomad is as good as you can get in low light conditions in it's price range. It will be the scope I am using 90% of the time this fall, so I am happy with it. Now I guess we will see how durable it is because I have lots of critters to chase around in the next few months and it will be riding on my back. :)

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:09 am

There really not too bad for the money
THE LORD IS MY ROCK