I could use some help with buying Binocs??

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

I could use some help with buying Binocs??

Post by hound_hunter » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:04 pm

My birthday is on Monday (I know, happy Birthday me =D> ) And I'm lookin' at a fine present the parents are gonna help me buy.. My own pair of binocs!!! I've been looking pretty closely at the Vortex bino's and think that that's what i'm gonna go with but would love some of your guys input as to which model of the Vortex is the best, If there is really that big of a difference between all the models, or if I should go with a different brand all together. I'm looking for a pretty nice glass for a pretty nice price, so I think i'm on the right boat with the Vortex, but would love some input.

P.S. I know there have been some past posts about optics, some very detailed, But I just wanted to ask specifics between the different models of Vortex mostly and don't think that one has been discussed yet. Thanks all!

-I've been looking the closest at the Vortex Viper 10X42 and the Vortex Diamondback 10X42 but am open to any suggestions.

tking
Fawn
Fawn

Re: I could use some help with buying Binocs??

Post by tking » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:31 pm

I've not used the vortex binos but I'll tell you this...Make sure whatever you get, has a warranty like the vortex do. I recently had decided to get the vortex diamondbacks but came across a GREAT deal on a pair of Bushnell excursions. They were both normally right at $200 but I found the Bushnells for $125 so I got them. 3 days later, I dropped them and now I'm praying Bushnell can repair them at a fair price. WHATEVER you get, the warranty is HUGE!

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:46 am

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shoo ... s-10x42mm/
I bought a pair,probably never need another.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:55 pm

I finally got Swarovski EL's 10x 42 but I used the NIkon Monarch 10x42 for years these are a great pair of binos for the money about $300.00 I have heard pretty good things about the vortex also if someoine was will ing to spend $899.00 I would highly recomend the Cabelas EURO'S they are vary comparable with allt he European high end binos a great baragin and awesome Cabela's warranty and return policy.

But for the money Nikon is hard to beat.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:44 am

Happy B-Day!! If you are going to get a pair of Vortex bino's you may want to go to the western expo show. They have a booth and are offering show specials.....and with the show ending tomorrow you may even get a better deal?? Good luck, optics are very important part of the whole package. :thumb
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/