Vortex vs Swarovski

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Vortex vs Swarovski

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:36 pm

thinking of getting the new VORTEX SKYLINE ED 80mm
just wondering if anyone has compared that scope to the
SWAROVSKI STS 80 HD. thanks
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:56 am

You know you'd rather have the swarovski... but i bet you get the vortex.. less money and still good!!!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:44 am

Never used SWARO's, or compared the two. But I like my VORTEX!

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:16 pm

I just got my Skyline from AmericanBwana and I love it already. It's been a couple of years since I looked through the swarovski so I couldn't give a comparison but I dought that you would be dissapointed with the vortex. I'm not.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

Cvrn
3 point
3 point

Re: Vortex vs Swarovski

Post by Cvrn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:50 pm

Depending on what you are using it for, i dont think you could compare the two.

It you sat behind each scope for a hunting trip for hours a day, you would see there is a HUGE difference, the Swaro will outshine by a long way.
SNUFF"M

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:37 pm

I found a a Vortex dealer in Denver and went there today to look at rifle scopes but they do not carry scopes just binos and spotters plus all major brands.

I compared the Razor Binos to the SLC Swarovski's for a friend. I also compared the Skyline ED 80 to the swarovski 80 sts.

I would highly recomend the RAZOR's to anyone wanting great glass for the money they are crisp and clear very sharp image and awesome waranty. The Swarovski are better but not $1000 better

The spotter comparison I was pleasantly suprised by the Vortex SKYLINE ED great image very bright a quality spottter but the Swarovski was jsut awesome. But once again I would not have a problem owning the Vortex for the money.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:08 pm

you just cant really compare the two, they are a completly different market. and in no way can you compare the two by just looking in a store. the big difference will come in longevity [ sp??] . you can find a $100.00 pair of bino's that are very clear, give them 1 season and they are garbage. by no means am i saying that the vortex are no good. a lot of people cant even justify spending that much money for a pair of bino's for as much as they use them. but if the question is strickly which one is better?? there is no comparison the swarovski's are leaps and bounds a better glass. same with leica's but unless your useing them an extremely great amount of time the vortex might be a better way to go.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:19 am

Absolutely the the real test for any optic is in the field during the conditions you will be using the optic wether it be a rifle scope, bino,or spotter.

Again I believe the Vortex is a great glass for the MONEY but the Swarovski's are just plain awesome.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK