vortex bino ?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
gabby2
Fawn
Fawn

vortex bino ?

Post by gabby2 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Vortex viper 8 x 42. Are they any good ? Are they good in low light ? Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:21 pm

I have looked through both the Vipers and the Diamondbacks. The Vipers are decent glass for the money, as are the D-backs.

I sat outside until dusk for a couple of evenings looking through the Vipers, the D-backs and Nikon Monarchs, all in 10X42. All were comparable. The Monarchs are what I replaced due to mechanical failure. Sure, Nikon is going to repair them, but I don't trust them anymore!

The Vipers were a little brighter than the D-backs, but not enough to justify spending the extra money. At least not in my opinion. The only other difference I noticed between the 2 is that the Vipers felt a little better in my hands and the focus ring was a bit "tighter" than the D-backs. But again, it didn't justify the additional funds. I ended up buying the D-backs. For the money you can't beat them.

I just sent a PM to AmericanBwana who is a sponsor here. I ordered the Vortex Skyline 20-60X80 spotting scope. His prices are as good as I've found. Give him a shot at selling you the Vortex. Support the sponsors!
Hoyt

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:31 pm

I bought some vortex razors for americanbwana, i love them! like mark jones said, give some support to the sponsers ang give them a try!

9er

gabby2
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gabby2 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:51 pm

Thanks for the info.

IDdesertman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by IDdesertman » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:22 pm

I've compared alot of binos recently and plan on getting the vortex viper 10x42's. I also compared them with the diamondbacks and personally felt that they were worth the extra $$$$.

cobo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cobo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:50 am

I have used both the Diamonbacks and the Vipers in 8x42. Both are excellent for the price. Differences: Vipers feel a little more comfortable in my hands, a bit more light gathering in dimmer conditions and the focus ring locks down. Can't go wrong with either.