2007 Nebraska Buck Back!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
life2extreme
Fawn
Fawn

2007 Nebraska Buck Back!

Post by life2extreme » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:54 pm

I just went and picked up my 07 Muley Buck from the Taxi. Yes it took a long time, but the guy is really good and he also spent 3 months in Denver in the hospital with his newborn so I'll let that slide I guess! The guy is super nice and does a great job and his little one is doing great now. I was very stoked to get that phone call this morning. Although, I didn't need to spend the extra cash with a new house, new valve cover for my pick-up and a hay bill for the horses.......BUT it sure is nice to have him home. I hope you all enjoy! Oh and I have no idea what the score would be, could you all give me some guesses? He is 26 7/8 in wide

It was my first year to hunt in around 4 years to to Uncle Sam commitments in the good ole USMC. I had taken a tall 3x4 on opening weekend. Round about tuesday I was sitting there with no job(was on terminal leave) and thought to myself, I don't have a thing to do and most everything is closed during rifle season, i'll just get another tag. Just so happens a friend of mine wanted to come up from colorado to meat hunt(first big game hunt ever) so I got permission for both of us to go hunt about 36,000 acres of private right on the Wyo border to NE. I tagged along with him to show him the ropes and serve as a "guide" as I had hunted this land for probably 12 years. I had no intention of shooting another deer just for the heck of it, I wanted something to put on the wall. I didn't have a muley at the time, just a whitey. The hired hand was headed out to check cows on horseback and told me he was heading through some pretty rough country and might spook out some deer but it was going to be an hour or so before he got there. I told my buddy(already limited) "let's go check one more spot" As we snuck through the rocks over looking a hay circle I could see a bunch of deer bedded down so I broke out the spotting scope. I could tell there was a good buck, but it was just a profile shot, and then he turned his head. I could see the heavy cheater sticking out on one side and how heavy he was. I knew it was a shooter. So I put out my by pods on a large waist high rock and waited for him to stand up and present a shot. My buddy did the ranging for me, he told me something like 265(his were cheapos) and so I aimed accordingly and shot. His back hunched, he stumbled and fell over. When I got up on the deer I could see my shot was really low on the shoulder but the exit was really high on the opposite side near the diaphram. I thought" what the heck". So I got out my range finders and come to find out it was actually 301 yards, his were set in meters by accident. All in all I was a very happy guy to see that I had not missed. Thank the lord for my .280 that Dad built for me and those flat shootin TSX.
Aim Center Mass
USMC Infantry
OIF Veteran

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Re: 2007 Nebraska Buck Back!

Post by hound_hunter » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Sweet looking buck man! I didn't realise we had another Marine on this site, I'm young in the Corps (Lcpl) but have quickly found out I very well may not be hunting anytime soon ](*,) . In my perfect little world before I joined I was thinking "oh I can take 2-3 weeks off every hunting season and just save up my leave for that" yeah, not the case. Anyways, I'm not even going to try on the score - But congrats! He's got some cool character

jjgreen
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jjgreen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:39 am

i would say mid to low 170s who cares what he scores thats a sweet buck man congrats :thumb

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Post by silvertip-co » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:53 am

Wow thats a Booner. Very nice.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:27 am

Yeah who cares about the score that is a great buck and from Nebraska no less thats great. =D>
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

GKNUDSON
Spike
Spike

Post by GKNUDSON » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:45 pm

Nice Buck!

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Great lookin' buck bud! Looks like he turned out pretty nicely.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:10 am

Good job on your NE buck. :thumb
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 am

That kicker off the right antler sure is cool. :thumb Nice buck.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

PLP
Spike
Spike

Post by PLP » Tue May 26, 2009 7:28 pm

NICE!!!How far are you from crawford?