NO
53%

Total votes: 30

Strainge07
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Whitetails in Utah?

Post by Strainge07 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:45 pm

I think it would be better for some areas like my home area northeastern Utah.I think if there were whitetails here it just might improve the muley herd around here maby it would take some of the pressure off from this region and give the little bucks around here a chance to grow.If anybody has hunted around here then u have seen that u really don't see to many older deer harvested. Most of the deer harvested around here are spikes n two points. Just come around vernal during deer season and take a look. So i think it would help take some of the pressure off the younger bucks and give people more opportunity . Just my opinion really good topic though

life2extreme
Fawn
Fawn

Post by life2extreme » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 pm

I live in Nebraska where the white's and the muleys co-exist in many places. Especially here in the western part. This is a buck that was taken in 2007 by an aquaintance that is the new typical state record. This buck was only taken about 4-5 miles(as the crow flies) from prime farm ground and whitetail country. This buck scored just over 204 with less than 2 inches of deductions. It's a crappy cell phone pic, but saw it there when I went to pick mine up. Almost made me want to leave mine there! I think this is proof there is nothing to compete with as soon as the tree cover and farm ground dissapear so do the whitey's.

Aim Center Mass
USMC Infantry
OIF Veteran

*ShedPredator*
2 point
2 point

Post by *ShedPredator* » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Jeez let me tell you its a hard decision weather i would want them in Utah or not....NOT i can't even stand the way the Whitetail deer look. I say get them out of here even though i wont ever see them down here in Southern Utah where i live but i agree with JBird i say there's no point on having them, Mulies all the way look better.
"to small keep drivin..."

sewing
Spike
Spike

Post by sewing » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:13 pm

I've never seen one myself. I guess I'd have to know more about them to make a good judgment on it. I'm a huge fan of muleys though so my first inclination would be to preserve the habitat for a mule deer. :)

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Tue May 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Voted no, I'd like to keep the Muleys here and not have them compete with Whitetails. Although, it may mean more tags available if there were more here, still dont want to see them over populate our current herds.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Wed May 20, 2009 6:06 am

In my opinion Utah hunters would benefit from having a population of White Tails. Would give you another hunting opportunity. In my 40 plus years of WY an MT deer hunting I have not seen where the WT compete or push out Mulies. In fact the WT populations have stayed pretty much steady but there are far more mule Deer in the areas I am familiar with. WT like the brushy bottoms near agriculture or tall CRP and cropland. Almost never see them in the badlands, sage. or dry areas. Most of the mountainous areas have few or no WT except for valleys and where there are plentiful Deciduous brush and trees. I have not seen a hybrid MD/WTin the wild, seen one dead. I think the cross is like a mule, sterile.