using scents calls

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
denny6251
Fawn
Fawn

using scents calls

Post by denny6251 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:28 pm

i live in southern arizona and archery hunt mullies during the rut never have tried any in heat?doe urine. never have used any calls grunts etc. has any one had success with either and which calls and urine work. looked online everything is for eastern whitetails. have not had any luck shooting one but see them every time i go out try and stalk but u know.just looking to try something diffrent. these low desert mule deer are magical.

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Re: using scents calls

Post by dahlmer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Don't know about the scents, but I was watching a video not too long ago and a guy blew on a grunt tube and the deer came in on the run. I've never seen anything like it.

Mike Honcho
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mike Honcho » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:21 pm

I was watching one of the hunting shows on Versus a couple of weeks ago and the guy was in South Dakota after whitetail but claimed he had more mule deer coming into his rattling and grunt/bleet calls.
"You can't fix stupid!"

denny6251
Fawn
Fawn

Post by denny6251 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:47 pm

going to try and find a call online nad give it a shot see what happens any opinions on a call. or what is out there bleet grunt?

pbj
Fawn
Fawn

Post by pbj » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 pm

My brother has had a buck come right at him after using a grunt.
I had a Big Buck actually charge right down the mountain at me when I was using an elk cow call.
Unfortunately it wasnt Muley season............

And I know of people that have walked right up on muleys while using a bleet.

So choose your poisen........;)

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:26 pm

I've never come across anything with consistent results.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

pbj
Fawn
Fawn

Post by pbj » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:36 pm

I agree Loafer..........although you can get results with any call a some point.....Muleys are finicky............it might not work next time....or the 10 times before that. Thats what makes them so addicting...........

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:50 pm

I have had good luck with scents the key with the scents thats worked for me is to put the scent in the area you want to hunt the night before you want to hunt there and it will bring bucks into that area! Ive noticed though that it attracts a lot more of the younger bucks ! Ive also tried a couple calls and the one that has worked best for me is called (The deer stopper!) It is made by E.L.K Inc. It is a fawn and doe call, I have called a few bucks in with this just not one big enough i wanted to shoot. hope this helps out!! Good luck!!
WILD ANTLERS