Idaho

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
hghcountry
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hghcountry » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:36 pm

GP,

I saw your signature about your unit 40 tag, I think that is one of the best if not the best tag in the state, good luck on your hunt!

-Hghcountry
-Hunt the high country!

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:07 pm

hghcountry wrote:GP,

I saw your signature about your unit 40 tag, I think that is one of the best if not the best tag in the state, good luck on your hunt!

-Hghcountry
Yeah I know...I almost feel like if I don't shoot a 34-35" non-typical buck I will have let everyone down and not used my tag to its full potential.

We actually have three tags, my friend and his dad and I all put in together and obviously all drew tags, so I am really stoked. Now I just have to find the BIG one.

GPWDeer.
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

mac87toy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mac87toy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:23 pm

Me and another buddy of mine both shot nice deer by 830 on the opener. His was a really classic 4x4 with nice chocolate horns and mine was a 3x3 that had been in the alfalfa fields. Both tagged and heading back to the house by 830.
Alligence
Vital Bow Gear Kaz-a-way
Black Gold Flashpoint
Beman Max-4s/ICS Camo Hunters
Wac'ems/Blackouts

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:26 pm

mac87toy

Sounds great, got any pics to share?

mac87toy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mac87toy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:31 pm

here is a picture of my deer i will have to get my buddies off my phone. this is my first mule and i am so pumped for next season.
Attachments
119-1903_IMG.JPG
119-1903_IMG.JPG (43.82 KiB) Viewed 6570 times
Alligence
Vital Bow Gear Kaz-a-way
Black Gold Flashpoint
Beman Max-4s/ICS Camo Hunters
Wac'ems/Blackouts

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Nice buck, excellent for a first mule deer. Congrats!! =D>
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

YoungBuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by YoungBuck » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:24 pm

Packed into an area tuesday afternoon....woke up early and started hiking....seen more people than deer! Did manage to see 3 small bucks.
Dad and brother were in a different area and seen 7 good bucks....smallest being about 25"...biggest 28-29"
Went out this afternoon after skipping out on work....walked one area and seen two nice bulls and a big bear....next area I was heading back to the truck when I noticed my brother and his buddy sitting out on a point....put my binos up to see what they were looking at and out of the corner of my eye I seen a deer laying there....swung over to him and seen he was a really good 26" 4 point....got down for the shot....first shot hit low and took out his leg...the sob took off like a bat outa burn and went over the ridge into a nasty draw....tracked him till it got dark and couldnt find him...going up in the morning to continue the search....im sick to my stomach!
Hopefully I will bring some better news tomorrow!
YB

huntnfever
Fawn
Fawn

Post by huntnfever » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:54 pm

i shot a 3xspike on opening morning wed shot him at noon had him in the truck by 1:30...now on to my spike hunt hopefully i will have one down on monday morning....hopefully next year me and my dad and brother draw on 45, my dad drew last year and my brother in 04 good luck all
its that time of year again...

huntnfever
Fawn
Fawn

Post by huntnfever » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:54 pm

i shot a 3xspike on opening morning wed shot him at noon had him in the truck by 1:30...now on to my spike hunt hopefully i will have one down on monday morning....hopefully next year me and my dad and brother draw on 45, my dad drew last year and my brother in 04 good luck all
its that time of year again...

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Took my 16 yr old nephew out yesterday in an attempt to fill his "either-sex" youth tag.

Sad, but true. We didn't get close enough to a deer of either sex during the course of the day to get him a good clean shot.

Dang...

GPWDeer
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!