RAC meeting report

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
DeadI

RAC meeting report

Post by DeadI » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Just wondering if anyone went to the Northern RAC meeting tonight. If so what was the response / report from the meeting. I wanted to go to tomorrow central meeting but unfortunatly will not be able to attend. I hope someone will be able to give a good report here of how things go.
Deadi

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RAC meeting report

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 am

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/kstu ... 4796.story

Heard it was 12-0 vote for OPTION #1.

I want change also, but I also feel this is the better option out of the 3 given. Believe more can/should be done but...

500mag
2 point
2 point

Post by 500mag » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:29 pm

ya they did vote for #1. I like #2 but too much work for the dwr lol
One day I will find the BIG ONE!!

shmobag
Spike
Spike

Post by shmobag » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:51 am

Is this for utah? and what does option 1 entail?

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:56 am

10-1 vote for Option #1 in the Central is the word on the street. I'll be honest I'm divided on this, none look/sound the best but it's looking like Option #1 is running away with it by a land slide so far. How do the rest of you feel?

shmobag
Spike
Spike

Post by shmobag » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:17 am

where can i find the info on what their voting in?

shmobag
Spike
Spike

Post by shmobag » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:23 am

i just found the info in a previous post and also on Utah DWR website. i think theres some good pros to each option. none are the abolute best though. with that i think option 1 is the best we can do with what weve been given. what do the rest of you feel?

sewing
Spike
Spike

Post by sewing » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:26 am

MuleyMadness wrote:10-1 vote for Option #1 in the Central is the word on the street. I'll be honest I'm divided on this, none look/sound the best but it's looking like Option #1 is running away with it by a land slide so far. How do the rest of you feel?
I feel like less people will be hunting this coming season and the price of a tag will likley go up this year or next. And I don't see the hunting experience improving noticeably over the next 5 years. IMHO

My boy has been DYING to turn 12 and go hunting. Hardly talks about anything else for the last three years. Will he get a tag now that he's going to be 12? Are there special rules for youth?

I'm going to make a prediction, and I hope I'm not right. I think they will take a region out of play for the 2012 hunt. And if we have a hard winter and the deer herds get hit hard........... argh.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:01 pm

i think that if the DWR where really trying to help deer herds they would hav pushed option 2 a little more. it would give them more controle on over pressure. I think that just like mentioned they are afraid it would be to much work and they would have to do something other than prop their feet up on the dest 6 hours a day and walk back and forth from the bathroom the other 2.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:36 pm

one hunting fool wrote:i think that if the DWR where really trying to help deer herds they would hav pushed option 2 a little more. it would give them more controle on over pressure. I think that just like mentioned they are afraid it would be to much work and they would have to do something other than prop their feet up on the dest 6 hours a day and walk back and forth from the bathroom the other 2.
The DWR has already stated that Option 2 does NOTHING to help the deer herds. And placing blame on the DWR for the current management practices is pretty misplaced. They are completely hamstrung by the Wildlife Board and the special interest groups that pull the WB chains! Every viable BIOLOGICALLY SOUND strataties the DWR put forth to implement have been shot down by the Board and SFW, specifically.