better luck this year!?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

better luck this year!?

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:15 am

Well I hope so anyway. Been so busy this year again I have not made it out hunting at all for the bow season. I still have the Muzzle Loader and rifle season though. So while working up the canyon this season I found some time to hike into a new area (with help from a cattle rancher) I found some great bucks to go for in a few days. they are about 10,000 ft and I am so excited. Got my CVA shooting right on and with luck a big 5 x 5 will be in camp next week. I was working so did not have a camera on me so no pic's this week. This is a true puplic land hunt and the only problem (other than other hunters) is that last saturday started a limited entry elk hunt. I sure hope they did not skatter the deer to much. Last year I missed a nice buck on the rifle do to a brand new scope that was perfectly sighted in when i left for the hunt and somehow was off about 2' high and 8" right. Then I missed a buck at 20 yards during the extended archery do to mechanical rest malfunction. This year fingers crossed is my year! :!:
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Re: better luck this year!?

Post by JBird » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:00 am

Sounds like fun. I can't wait till October rolls around. Good luck.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: better luck this year!?

Post by waspocrew » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Good luck to ya! I'm itching to get out for the muzz opener as well. Sounds like you've got some great deer to find again.