Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Thanks all

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:51 pm

To answer a few of the questions to my last post:
I'll get a pig pic or two on here next week. I am heading out to try and "bring another one home" for the holidays. Actually more of an excuse to get out of the house, do a little "ruffing it", and enjoy the peace and quite! Never hunted this particular area but heard some promising things so I'm giving it a go.
As for them WA Mulies, as most of ya know, we don't normally grow them as big as most of the Mulie states. I just try to out work the "normal hunter". You know, the ones that stick to the roads and easy ground. The last buck I got was what I consider a beast for the area. It was a nice 4X5 (Excluding brow tines) with a 23" spread. Nice deep forks with good mass too. Not a trophy in alot of guys books but it sure is in mine! My brother still lives up there, does the scouting for us, and sure hooks me up when I go home for the season.
BOHNTR, you are right, hunting these wild pigs sure keeps you sharp for deer season. Bringing my oldest boy out pig hunting to
"show him the ropes". Next year will be his first year old enough to hunt and he needs the practice!