Spot the buck

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Spot the buck

Post by ridgetop » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:02 am

After starting the video, stop it at about the 4 second mark. See if you can spot the buck or let me know how many seconds it takes to actually see the buck?
After I video taped the 3x4 buck, it stayed in the same spot for about an hour, looking uphill. I finally saw another hunter walking along the ridgeline about 60 yards above the buck. The hunter stopped , took his boots off and took a nap. The buck finally moved about 30 yards side hilling away from the hunter and bedded but kept looking up hill. The hunter had no idea the buck was there. It was fun to see how a buck would react to hunting pressure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci84vV2Ky04
There's always next year

9er
Monster
Monster

Re: Spot the buck

Post by 9er » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Cool video, it took me till about 8 seconds to find him.

I remember hunting in Idaho one year, we were glassing a canyon and glassed up a solid buck. As we were making a game plan another hunter popped over right above the buck, not 50 yards away. We just sat there, dumfounded at our luck. The hunter stayed there and glassed for what seemed like hours when it was really only 10-15min. The buck never moved a muscle. Finally the hunter started walking directly at him, not knowing how close he was. The buck finally took off when the hunter got roughly 25 yards from him. The hunter was able to kill the buck.

Crazy how they will "hold a tight hind end" when someone gets in on them like that
Watch your top knot!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:15 pm

At first I thought I'd never see him. :) Everything looked like a blur. Then finally picked him out probably took 15 seconds or so. 9er is younger than me so that explains it. ha ha

mapleton archer
2 point
2 point

Post by mapleton archer » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:01 pm

took me 16 seconds