MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Dome.us
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by Dome.us » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:21 pm

new guy here. i'm a muley hunter from utah, i have 4 points in colorado and i am trying for unit 44, 2nd season rifle this year.. i've been reading post on here for awhile seems like a lot of nice guys with helpful info...i hope i'll be able to share here and there where i can.

Mugger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Mugger » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:41 am

Hey Guys,
I just read the post for 'Newbies". Here's my BIO. Love the mountains and the outdoors. Favorites are hiking, backpacking, hunting (bow, rifle, n Muzz), and fishing. I shoot my bow almost every day. Would like to try some backpack hunting as a new venture. Will hunt anything, anytime, anywhere, but I mostly love looking for big deer. Married 3 years to a great woman who lets me hunt and such all the time and have one two year old daughter and a 12 year old Black Lab that are awesome! I live near Fresno Ca and am 46 years old.

sawsman
2 point
2 point

Post by sawsman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Welcome aboard Mugger.

::wel
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing it, dosen't go away."-Philip K. Dick

isawthem2
Fawn
Fawn

Post by isawthem2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just discovered this forum surfing the net this afternoon, and I must say it is totally awesome. Still checking everything out, and since I am new, I got a lot to catch up on.
Some info about myself:
I am 30 years old, and I am a woman. I enjoy bow hunting elk, but have yet to take one in the 5 years I have been bow hunting. Matter of fact, I have killed a lot of targets, ha! I have helped others take elk and bear with a bow while out hunting. I think I am becoming some what decent at elk speak, as I primarily end up being the caller all the time, and I am very useful at tracking as well, and have earned the nickname redbone. I am also great at spotting somewhat too. I find no shame in this as my experiences of just getting close and talking to elk is so rewarding and educating. Most skills I have learned through trial and error, reading, watching videos, or nice ol guys that are willing to give me some tips. I have often been asked where I have learned my skills, who taught them to me, or why I like to hunt and fish, as no one in my immediate family really did. Most people would assume that I had a father, or grandfather that taught me this, but that is not the case as I do not even know them. Their loss huh!
I also love fishing and have often set a few friends and family up on nice sturgeon and bass. The biggest sturgeon I have caught and released was between 8-9ft long. Couldn't get tape on her because of the location that I caught her. My friend that was taking pictures re-exposed the film so I have no proof, gah the luck! The largest small mouth bass I have caught was 19 1/2 inches long. The largest black crappie was 14 inches.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Welcome aboard everybody.

Hope to hear many stories and see plenty of pictures to go along with these adventures.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

mnhuntr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mnhuntr » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:33 pm

im 30 yrs old am married and have 3 great kids. im from central minnesota and love to chase whitetails. i spend most of my time in the woods with my bow, but am not afraid to pull out my rifle or smokepole. i've been reading and checkin out pics on this site for awhile now and am really takin a liking to the muleys.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:26 am

Welcome mnhuntr, nothin wrong with taken a liken to mulies. ::wel

Gpkhill2
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Gpkhill2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Hey everyone, My name is Gary and I'm from West Virginia. I'm headed west this fall for my first mule deer hunt in CO. I spend a lot of time outdoors. I Teamrope, Hunt, Fish and Shoot a lot. Im a reloader and do some long range shooting on steel.If anyone out there needs any info on WV or reloading feel free to give me a shout. I'll try to help all I can

dc deputy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dc deputy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Hello to all. I am nearly 30 years old and have lived in nd my whole life. I mainly hunt whitetails with rifle and bow. I've been fortunate enough to draw an antelope tag here in our great state on 2 occasions, I was successful on both hunts but never got the type of buck that I was after. Well in 2010 I had max preference points and was really looking forward to going after an antelope again, much to my luck game and fish cancelled the season that year due to three consecutive harsh winters and a much reduced population. I say I was lucky because that gave me the push to head to wy. I bought a leftover tag and was able to harvest a 14 incher that scored 77, just what I had been after for many years here in nd. Anyways I have never been mule deer hunting, we have good bucks here in nd no doubt but I would have to sacrifice my whitetail rifle tag for 6 years or so to draw a good tag. Since I don't think I can do that I'm heading back to wy this year in search of my first muley, I'm excited and can't wait to get after em.

LiegeRiver
Fawn
Fawn

Post by LiegeRiver » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey, all: Just located this site the other day. My name is Gord, I'm 52, married, and live in Alberta. My two oldest kids hunt with me, although my oldest daughter is my steady hunting buddy. Both of us have a thing for chasing big muley bucks, and we each have one in the mid - 190's. I'll try to post pictures when I get a chance. We also like to hunt Bighorn sheep, and we have a couple of trips planned for this fall. Anyway, good to be here. Look forward to chatting with some of you.

Gord