MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Dancingbull
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by Dancingbull » Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 am

My name is Matt, I live in Vegas and have done so since 76. I'm 50 years old, my son is 24 and my daughter is 27 and I'm just getting back into shooting a bow. I've hunted Mule Deer only once here in Nevada up in the Ruby's with my son in the Wilderness areas so we back packed in with our rifles and had a great time. We found two great Bucks at the end of the day and made the mistake of thinking we could go back the next morning and take them then...big mistake! I'll never do that again. I was planning on going to Colorado to do Elk and/or Mule deer hunting when I don't pull a tag here but since Co. decided to go against gun owners, I'm going to spend my time and money in Ariz. I'm going to do my first Mule Deer hunt next Jan. 2014..my birthday is on the 7th so it's going to be my annual birthday present to myself. I also love to duck hunt from my 14' aluminum and black lab Molly. I'd like to try Javalina hunting some day. I have a Yukon, 22' travel trailer, Honda 1300 VTX , Honda XR600 for the dirt, 28' Carver at Lake Mead. I'm a licensed pilot, love to camp,cook,back pack, fish, hunting with my son or alone. I'm married to a good woman who loves to shoot but no hunting for her. We're both Real Estate agents here in Vegas so if anyone wants to buy or rent a home let me know. Thanks, Matt

bullbuster
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bullbuster » Mon May 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey all,
i am new to the site. I have been hunting all my life and i am always looking to pass on the tradition. I was born and raised in the great state of wyoming but have recently relocated to loveland colorado. I have found that hunting in colorado is very different. I am an avid bow hunter and love to shoot. I have recently drawn a unit 20 mulley tag and am stoked about it. I have been doing some research about the area and found that access is very limited but big bulls and mulley's do live around. I am excited to get to know the sportsman and women that belong to muley madness. If you need anything just ask and i will do my best to get you all information.

Fetchinfetcher
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Fetchinfetcher » Tue May 21, 2013 10:13 am

I live in Salt Lake. I grew up chasing muleys with dad until a dumb divorce and a move to a different state. Came back to Utah and got married and raised kids. About 8 years ago I re discovered my passion for chasing furry creatures. Its bad... I'm addicted. I have been hunting archery for the last 5 years. It's all I do now. I have two boys who I am currently indoctrinating into the happiness that is hunting. They are 12 and 15yrs old. They love it! I usually spend most of the deer season stomping around the Wasatch Extended. I love it up there.

105Coues
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 105Coues » Fri May 31, 2013 7:52 am

I live in the White mountains of AZ and with my wife and kids, we hunt avidly and pursue time spent in the outdoors a lot. I have hunted a couple of DIY hunts in WY for muleys and Elk in NM as well as a ton of time chasing Coues, Javalina, speedgoats, muleys, and elk in AZ. I archery hunt as well as rifle and bagged a great bull elk last fall with my bow. Just love getting out and spending time in the great outdoors. My kids have been big game hunting the last few years and it has been awesome. My lovely lady has also bagged some nice critters. We are always looking for new adventures and new areas to explore.

charlie6395
Fawn
Fawn

Post by charlie6395 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Hello everyone I live in VA have hunted all my life i am 51 now and have been trying to check some long time dream hunts off my list. But also like most of you I have a very limted budget.So I try to do unguided but have done both.
Last edited by charlie6395 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

74Toad
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 74Toad » Fri May 31, 2013 4:50 pm

My name is Todd I live in northern Utah, I am 39 years old. I have been hunting and loving the outdoors my whole life. I have two daughters and a wonderful wife that enjoy the outdoors just as much as I do. I have been a member for about a year. I never post anything because I feel awkward. I will see if I can change that. All the pictures of the animals are fun to see. Thanks to everyone for posting them.

rutnbuk
Fawn
Fawn

Post by rutnbuk » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Hello to everyone here at MuleyMadness. I am new to the site and I can already tell I am going to love it here. I am from Brownwood, TX so I dont get the chance to hunt mule deer near as much as I wish. I am 29 years old, married and have 1 beautiful little girl. Mule deer are my favorite animal to hunt and I get the chance about 1 time every 3 years. I get to go this year to unit 70 in colorado. I have never hunted here before so if anyone has any advice on where to start, I would really appreciate it. I have hunted unit 61, 4 times and have harvested 4 bucks from there with a 190" being my best. Thanks and I look forward to being a part of MuleyMadness.

ninerfnz
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ninerfnz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:09 am

Hello, im a die hard hunter I have been hunting since I was 14. my philosophy is its not all about the hunt but more about being in the outdoors and enjoying the time with family and friends, I am from southeastern Idaho. I like to hunt just about anything although I don't have a desire to hunt bear or mountain lions as I would not want to become the hunted lol :))

ColoMtnMan
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ColoMtnMan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:02 am

I've been in Colorado my whole 28 years minus 4 years in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. Started hunting big game at 12 and have been hopelessly addicted ever since. Elk and Mulies are my main passion but spend the rest of the year chasing coyotes, grouse, waterfowl, pheasant, and big fish warm/coldwater. Have been rifle hunting my whole life and just got my first bow this year a PSE Stinger. Gonna try my luck at that this year and am real excited. This year I drew a 2nd season 21 buck tag and a 4th season 3 bull tag. Still deciding on a OTC archery unit and am looking for a place to burn my 9pp for speed goats. Like to B.S. with other people like me who live to be up in the hills chasing critters. Looking forward to making some new buddies on here.

Love2hunt11
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Love2hunt11 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:10 am

Eric. I'm 29 years old and live in Nampa Idaho. I transplanted from Portland Oregon 5 years ago and am in love with hunting. My successes are meager in comparison to most of you. I grew up archery hunting the Oregon coast with awesome visuals if great elk and deer and very small success as flinging arrows in that jungle is near impossible. I've shot a million does in eastern Oregon and only one 3x3 literally 500 feet behind the Simplot mansion 2 years back on closing day while quail hunting. Glad I had my rifle in the truck. I'm getting into rifle hunting in Idaho with a 3 little kids and finally finishing my graduate degree next week, hunting harder and longer will soon be a possibility. Look forward to meeting and sharing with all. Thanks for having me.