Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

highcountryarchery
Spike
Spike

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by highcountryarchery » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Hello all my name is Brennan, i'm 23, and I live in Loa Utah by some of the best elk huntin in the state. I have a two year old and one on the way. I'm a hunter safety instructor and am looking to get my schooling done in diesel mechanics. My family owns a gas station as you pull into town so next time your here stop by. I like to hunt with a bow or a rifle or a muzzy or a camera as long as im huntin im happy. If anyone needs help with any units down here with scouting or packing out i got the supplies and i'd be happy to help rain or shine day or night

Patch
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Patch » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi y'all, I am fairly new to this site. You can add me to the roll call.
I am looking for info on bow hunting for mulies in the Alta, Snowbird area of Utah. I was there at Bow Cast at the Bird, and heard and saw some great things about the area. I only bow hunt any more, and have heard I can buy a license and tag OTC. Has any one hunted this area, and if so does any one have any information you would be willing to share?
Patch
4-H Archery leader, 4-H Outdoor Adventure leader 4-H Sport Fishing leader
ODS,OIFx2,OEF Recently retired 124 MDG Id ANG, 9 yrs Army, 15 ANG.
Grab a Bow and Take A kid Hunting!

Shags1
Spike
Spike

Post by Shags1 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 pm

I just signed up. Liked the pictures and conversations. Have lived in Utah almost all of my life. Hunt the Manti-LaSals for elk and deer. Love to be outdoors doing anything. Coyotes are my passion, but hunt big game every year. Looking forward to learning more about the great hunting Utah has to offer.

ultmag300
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ultmag300 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Hello all ,

My name is Jim, Im 48 yrs old live in Oregon city, Or. Been married for 27 yrs to my wonderfull wife, have 3 awesome daughters ages 21, 17, 15, have been hunting since I was 12 years old and have been lucky enough to take a few nice mule deer in my life ,while I all kinds of hunting ,I would have to say without a doubt MULE DEER hunting is my favorite ,so I hope I will meet some new people who will hopefully share My interests as well 10sign:

tjferre
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tjferre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Hey there

My name is Tyler. I am from Spanish Fork Ut. I have enjoyed mule deer, elk, and predator hunting my whole life. I prefer muzzle loader. (I cant hit a dang thing with a bow) I spend most my time hunting the west deserts of utah. Loking forward to learnig new things on this forumand sharing a few things I know.
Gun: Tikka T3 + Caliber: 270WSM + Bullets: 140 gr Nosler Accubond + Scope: Vortex 3-9X40 Viper + Binos: Vortex Razor 42mm + Camo: Kings Desert Shadow + Boots: Danner Sharptail + ATV: Yamaha TW200

runnin350
Fawn
Fawn

Post by runnin350 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Just joined! I live in Southern Utah and am from California. This is my first year hunting, I currently have an open bull tag that I'm trying to fill. Glad to be here!

PackerGuy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by PackerGuy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm a 38yr old new resident to Layton, UT. I have a passion for hunting whitetail as I grew up in Wisconsin, but am looking forward to a new adventure and catching "muley madness fever". PG

mattchu
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mattchu » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Hey guys,

I came across your site while researching areas to hunt whitetails in Northern Idaho. Strange lol, being this is "MuleyMadness.com". Anyway, I have to say that this is an excellent source of information and it covers much more than just mulies.

Right now I live in Boise, Idaho, but am moving to Moscow, Idaho and looking forward to it. My goal is to get a whitetail next year, because I've never hunted them before. Only ever hunted elk and mulies. Usually I bowhunt, but I hunted with a muzzleloader this year for the first time. While elk hunting I saw a bear and couldn't pass it up. The smokepole dropped that bear in it's tracks.

Thanks for the excellent information and good luck hunting! :thumb

Patch
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Patch » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Congrats on the smoke pole bear, good luck in Moscow. When are you heading up? You going to be going to school?
4-H Archery leader, 4-H Outdoor Adventure leader 4-H Sport Fishing leader
ODS,OIFx2,OEF Recently retired 124 MDG Id ANG, 9 yrs Army, 15 ANG.
Grab a Bow and Take A kid Hunting!