help me out here!!!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
jersey boy
2 point
2 point

help me out here!!!

Post by jersey boy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:32 pm

Im moving to veyo,utah from jersey theres a burn of a diffrence in the species lol. Iam a small game and whitetail hunter.If i could get some advice on how to hunt muleys and elk that would be great and if anyone knows the area that would be even better to get a tip on a great hunting spot. Thanks.
im a jersey boy becomin a utah boy!!!

J0n
Spike
Spike

Post by J0n » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:39 pm

The first tip I can give you is once you get to Utah get your rifle out and start practicing. Practice as much as you can out to 300 yards or so. It will make a huge difference come fall. Also look into to getting a good set of binoculars.

jersey boy
2 point
2 point

Post by jersey boy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:41 pm

well I just bought a 30 06 this summer and i have a range finder and binocs i got a lot of crap i just dont know how to hunt muleys or elk i have an idea from watching it on t.v but i know theres more to it then what they show.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:38 pm

Gotta be in good shape. No sittin in tree stands out here.lol
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Get a bunch of good public lands maps and some good hiking boots,spend all summer scouting just like eeryone else does out west.

MULIES4EVER
3 point
3 point

Post by MULIES4EVER » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:56 pm

Start hiking. The more deer you watch the more you will learn. The hiking will get you ready for when you have to bring him out on your back. :thumb If you start now you will be ready come hunting season. Also mule deer are harder to pattern than whitetail. They will frequent the same areas so scouting prior to the hunting season is key.

jersey boy
2 point
2 point

Post by jersey boy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:22 am

another question how does the tag thing work like how do you get the tags?what are the laws like out there? the house im moving to the person were getting it from said theres monster mulies come to the back yard would i beable to shoot them or should i find where there coming from?

MULEY7MM
4 point
4 point

Post by MULEY7MM » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:10 am

All tags are on a draw system if you go for a northern tag you get it almost everytime as far as the deer in your back i would shoot them with my digital camera and leave them there to come and look at i have deer in my back yard and my kids like to look at them also it wouldnt be much of a hunt to me i like to get out on the mountain with friends and family good luck

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:42 pm

get a good pair of hiking boots as soon as you get here. then spend all spring and summer breaking them in looking for good spots. like nonya said just like everyone else does. there are very few of us out here that use treestands there are a few though. oh yes i forgot make sure that you get in shape because the elevation change will take its toll on you at first.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:08 pm

All that info sounds great, but where the heck is "Veyo" Utah"? ](*,)

I've lived here 41 years and never heard of that!! (???)
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"