What did you get for Christmas

Talk related to anything & everything.
paladin
Spike
Spike

What did you get for Christmas

Post by paladin » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:58 am

Yep it was more fun to give than receive and we tried to make sure that some folks that we know had a happy Christmas.

But Mrs. Santa Clause (the former Drill Sergeant Emily Boyd) did provide ammunition: 30-06, .32 auto, .257 Weatherby, and 12 ga. sabot because she knew that commencing 1 Feb the "all wise state of California" requires a face to face purchase of ammunition and the surrendering of a finger print each time you buy ammunition. No more catalog sales (and thus no discounts) just full price ammunition. :>/

Paladin
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun . . . it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

Thomas Jefferson, 1785

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: What did you get for Christmas

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:06 pm

What a waste......California. So much of every kind of potential udderly wasted by crazy politics. Just think, the new law is a great reason to go to Reno more often. lol -----SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 am

Got a gift card for Bass Pro Shop, some chamois shirts and a hat. Also got an English to Spainish translator. Learned some useful phrases already. Detener,poner los manos! (stop, put up your hands). Caida de sus armas. (drop your weapons). We're heading out to hunt the desert archery units so this may come in handy.

Sniper1
Spike
Spike

Post by Sniper1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Got myself a pair of cabelas euro bino's and just a few odds and ends. I never heard much about the cabelas brand and i was in the market for a high end bino. Between my brothers swaro's and my euro's for almost a grand cheaper i could not be happier.
Aim Small Miss Small

paladin
Spike
Spike

Post by paladin » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:28 pm

m gardner wrote:Got a gift card for Bass Pro Shop, some chamois shirts and a hat. Also got an English to Spainish translator. Learned some useful phrases already. Detener,poner los manos! (stop, put up your hands). Caida de sus armas. (drop your weapons). We're heading out to hunt the desert archery units so this may come in handy.
Ummm, about that spanish ... Try these instead: Alto, o yo fuerro! Stop or I will shoot (in the command form). Manos arriba. Put up your hands in the command form. Ponga sus armas en la tierra. Throw your weapons on the ground. Command form.

They have heard these phrases from the Border Patrol before so they are familiar with them.

Good luck,

Paladin
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun . . . it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

Thomas Jefferson, 1785

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 pm

I know some things you can tell them but I might get in trouble on this forum. (I hear there are Spanish speaking RM's around here) :)) Posted already on the shooting thread but I got a Weatherby Vanguard SS in 300 win mag from the wife. First gun in 14 years marriage. See.....things do get better with time.--------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:52 am

I got a Wooltimate Jacket and the joy of watching my Son on his second Christmas! This year he really got into ripping into his gifts! What a blast :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:36 pm

got a beer coyote call and a can of popcorn ahaha
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne