My first shotgun

Talk related to anything & everything.
MuleyHunterNV
Spike
Spike

My first shotgun

Post by MuleyHunterNV » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:26 pm

this Christmas I got my first shotgun, a Remington 870 Express Synthetic. I have yet to go out and shoot it. Does anyone else have the same gun? Im wondering what to expect out of it.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: My first shotgun

Post by Springville Shooter » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:19 pm

I've had at least one 870 since I was 16 years old. I do have a couple of express and wingmaster models. Great shotguns for sure. I've used them in all conditions often with sub-par maintenance and never had a problem. What you can expect is a perfect functioning, no bells and whistles, shotgun that will provide you years of flawless service.-------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

ABert

Post by ABert » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Springville Shooter wrote:I've had at least one 870 since I was 16 years old. I do have a couple of express and wingmaster models. Great shotguns for sure. I've used them in all conditions often with sub-par maintenance and never had a problem. What you can expect is a perfect functioning, no bells and whistles, shotgun that will provide you years of flawless service.-------SS
What SS said.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm

I also have one and really love it. I've also had a Mossberg and Winchester Model 12 and like the Remington the best. I started out with an old 16 guage single shot.
There's always next year

tsum
Spike
Spike

Post by tsum » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm

love the 870 express! Great gun! :thumb

Huge29
2 point
2 point

Post by Huge29 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:34 am

Santa just brought me the exact same one. Feels good at the shoulder, swings nicely and connects well. My only complaint is that the pump catches a little after a shot, my hand slipped off of the pump a few times. I don't know if it will wear in or what. I paid $200 for mine and I was shooting it better than my Benelli at 7 times the price.

MuleyHunterNV
Spike
Spike

Post by MuleyHunterNV » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks for all the input. I plan on going duck hunting this weekend, and will find out how mine functions.

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:32 am

I got my wife one last year for Xmas in the pink camo.....she loves it. She says it's her favorite gun to shoot and we have had no problems with it! Enjoy it!

shootinfool
Fawn
Fawn

Post by shootinfool » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:54 pm

The rem 870 is one of the guns that everyone has at least one of them. My very first shotgun was a rem 870 wingmaster trap model. Only shoots 2 3/4 but I love the heck out of the thing. I use it less now that I have other favorite guns for each purpose but I will never be without at least one. In fact I always take an 870 as a back up gun in case the others fail. Very reliable like all others said and very simple to clean and opperate. You will always have good luck with it.