Talk related to anything & everything.
blacktail slayer
2 point
2 point

Post by blacktail slayer » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Last edited by blacktail slayer on Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killerbee

Re: Setting Time Limits for Hunting

Post by killerbee » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 pm

i personally think you should provide a link to all you and your tree hugger buddies post on how "we as hunters" need to learn to live hand in hand with wolves and lions . also show the thousands of links that you post on topics such as how wolves do no more damge than hunters and how it is a natural life cycle with wolves in all of are woods.

personally , i think you are the biggest "wolf in sheeps clothing" in the hunting forums today.

ANY HUNTER WHO READS HIS POSTS: blacktail slayer isnt the type of anti-hunter that will come right out and challenge normal thoughts, but he WILL slowly try and show us how WE are the problem, wolves were here first, and it is are duty to let nature take it's course.( i.e., let wolves run un-managed)

sorry- blacktail slayer, i just cant let you slip your way into another forum without letting people know whats coming :>/

blacktail slayer
2 point
2 point

Post by blacktail slayer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:40 am

Last edited by blacktail slayer on Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martinclaybold
Fawn
Fawn

Post by martinclaybold » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:06 am

Some sort of controls should surely be imposed on hunting the wild animals. Lots of species are facing extinction. It won't be surprising if we told our grand children that in the years long gone, the majestic lions roamed in the jungles, and they would listen to the stories with awe.

buckykm1
2 point
2 point

Post by buckykm1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:51 am

killerbee wrote:i personally think you should provide a link to all you and your tree hugger buddies post on how "we as hunters" need to learn to live hand in hand with wolves and lions . also show the thousands of links that you post on topics such as how wolves do no more damge than hunters and how it is a natural life cycle with wolves in all of are woods.

personally , i think you are the biggest "wolf in sheeps clothing" in the hunting forums today.

ANY HUNTER WHO READS HIS POSTS: blacktail slayer isnt the type of anti-hunter that will come right out and challenge normal thoughts, but he WILL slowly try and show us how WE are the problem, wolves were here first, and it is are duty to let nature take it's course.( i.e., let wolves run un-managed)

sorry- blacktail slayer, i just cant let you slip your way into another forum without letting people know whats coming :>/

I do believe that i would have to agree with you. every site i go to, all i ever see from him is a link for this or that. i have never seen him contribute anything useful.

Kevin

pram-z
Spike
Spike

Post by pram-z » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:17 pm

martinclaybold wrote:Some sort of controls should surely be imposed on hunting the wild animals. Lots of species are facing extinction. It won't be surprising if we told our grand children that in the years long gone, the majestic lions roamed in the jungles, and they would listen to the stories with awe.
Well I tell ya what Martin, if you or your grandchildren want to see "the majestic lions" bring 'em to Oregon, they'll be awed alright. Once the "majestic" lions get done killing off all the deer and elk...maybe they can start in on all of the bleeding heart, tree hugging liberals.

Honga
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Honga » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:23 pm

What planet are these guys living on?? Modern game management is responsible for the abundance of game that we have in this country. If a species population is reduced to a low point then hunting is reduced or eliminated to allow the population to recover. The biggest threat to western game animal populations right now appears to be the misguided introduction of wolves that HAVE NOT been managed.

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Honga is only half right. The other half is all the money that only hunters spend that makes the managment possiable. Hunters are the only reason herds exist out side of zoos.

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:00 am

Honga wrote:What planet are these guys living on?? Modern game management is responsible for the abundance of game that we have in this country. If a species population is reduced to a low point then hunting is reduced or eliminated to allow the population to recover. The biggest threat to western game animal populations right now appears to be the misguided introduction of wolves that HAVE NOT been managed.

Frankly, I wouldn't use the word misguided. I believe the wolf introduction was a calculated deliberate act completed with full knowledge of the eventual effects it would have on wildlife and ultimately the hunting of that wildlife. It isn't so much the wolf that puts fear into me: Given the lease to do so, states can manage the critters quite well. What makes the hair on the back of my neck prick are the individuals/groups with covert agendas and the clout (read-money) to push this thing through to its ultimate ugly conclusion... :>/

DeerTracker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by DeerTracker » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:51 am

The only time limit I have with hunting is from opening day of Archery season until the last day of rifle season...
Keep the wind in your face, hunt hard, shoot straight, kill clean.