They're delisted!

Talk related to anything & everything.
Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

They're delisted!

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:20 pm

In idaho and Montana, the grey wolf is being delisted!!! Looking forward to hunting some wolves this fall!!!!

Hunt2Live
Fawn
Fawn

Re: They're delisted!

Post by Hunt2Live » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Could you post a link or something to the article or law that was passed. I would be really interested to read it.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:28 pm

“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:29 pm

I just saw it on the front page of the newspaper, not on the internet.. sorry..

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:47 pm

It is great news that the political pressure being applied in Washington is having an effect. The bad news is unless the ESA is amended to exclude this wolf, there still exists the possibility of another suit in court, or another extremist judge to make another ruling. The legalities and language of this "settlement" will be interesting to see. Personally, and this is just my own opinion, I hope they keep pushing to get the laws passed to amend the ESA...

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Meaning what as far as hunting goes?? Open to hunt? Draw out for tags? OTC tags???

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:57 am

zachvu wrote:Meaning what as far as hunting goes?? Open to hunt? Draw out for tags? OTC tags???
If all goes as it should, that would be up to the individual states' accepted wolf plan.

Bigd7400
Spike
Spike

Post by Bigd7400 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:58 am

It's good to see that the Govenor of Montana took a stand on wolves and wouldn't let Big Brother tell him what he could do within his state. Bunny huggers do not care about the sustainability of wildlife they just want to make sure that no one can hunt period. Wolves were just a way for these people to push their views on everyone else. More govenors need to do the same thing!
Dreaming of tall tines a straight shots.

diannecarter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by diannecarter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:03 am

Have you read the latest news regarding gray wolf? Just a while ago, I came across an article connected with this sensational issue. The post was entitled "Gray Wolves taken off Endangered Species List".

As we all know, for the past forty years, the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service has protected the population of the gray wolf in some states such as Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota. After expending millions of dollars on the survival of the said species, the recovery goals were met. The gray wolf will be taken off the Endangered Species List because the population of the wolves in the Great Lakes region are now strong and no longer need government protection.

However, the lifted protection could pave the way for wolf hunting seasons, and this is definitely a menace! That is why wolf relocation has been suggested so that they can thrive and not be hunted. Well, I just hope that wolf recovery will continue to aggrandize, and people must realize that gray wolves must not be feared because the key with wolves is human tolerance.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:13 am

Wolves have the talent to relocate all on their own and I see no need to waste money on something that they will do all on their own.

Also I have no fear of wolves and I have no problem with them being in the eco system. The problem that I have is that these predators are allowed to run rampant through their territory with out any type of managment put in place to keep them from completely over running their habitat and throwing it out of balance.

Game managment is practiced for everything thing in this nation so why should the wolves be held to a different standard?
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.