We helped set a world record this weekend.....

Talk related to anything & everything.
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

We helped set a world record this weekend.....

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Again, if you don't want to hear a father brag a little then just move to the next thread...LOL.

This weekend my son participated in his last wrestling tournament of the spring. He got the opportunity to wrestle in the Jason Crawfard Memorial Tournament, the largest single day youth wrestling event in the nation. Check that....now the WORLD! Yup, they set the world record for the largest single day youth tournament with almost 1,400 wrestlers attending! (I believe that the final tally was 1,384) We were there at 5:45 am for registration and weigh-in and did not leave until after 10:30 that same night.

Skylor wrestled awesome and took first place too (In his age group and weight bracket of course)! I think that it's pretty cool that he can say "I took first place in the largest tournament EVER!". He was completely spent by the time it was over but I don't think he would change a thing about it!

Anyway, here is a news article on the tournament and a pic of my little man on the podium (The 3rd place finisher was so tired he stood up there for about 30 seconds and then moved on...LOL). Too cool if you ask me!

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/W ... index.html
Attachments
podium post.jpg

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Re: We helped set a world record this weekend.....

Post by dahlmer » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Awesome!

ABert

Post by ABert » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:03 am

Congrats to you son on an amazing win! How many kids were in his bracket? That is a LOT of wresting in one day!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 am

Goodness that is a lot of matches, impressive. Well done on your boy and he must have a good dad to. :thumb

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:49 pm

That is super cool. I love sports and think it is great when kids have fun and get involved. Winning is just the icing on the cake. Congrats.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Man I just don't have the words to tell you how cool i think that is. You must be so proud. (I know I would be) tell your little man congrates for me.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 am

Thanks guys...and yes, I am one proud father!!!

ABert, they had all the wrestlers in 8 man brackets. They bracketed them by age, experience, and weight. Skylor was the Champion of the 8 yr old bracket, 2+ yrs experience, @ 49 lbs. He won his first match w/ a 1st round pin (Power double at the whistle, straight into a cradle over the top), his second match ended 7-0, and he took the championship with a 4-1 victory. Sky was bloodied and bruised but fought like a madman for that trophy! (We actually had to pack his lip with gauze due to a pretty decent cut inside his mouth during the second round). The Championship was actually closer than the 4-1 score too. It was 2-1 with 8 seconds left when Sky took his opponent down for an additional 2 points. I JUST ABOUT had a heart attack when he took that shot with 8 seconds left and a 1 point lead too! I wanted him to stay on his feet for that last 8 seconds but guess he decided that true champs don't stall for the last 8 seconds regardless of who is winning...LOL.

Sky is already asking when the new Guinness book comes out so that he can buy a copy!

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 am

Way to cool for words.

Congrats.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:28 pm

pretty awsome stuff HAWK! :thumb

dc deputy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dc deputy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 pm

That is great. There is no better sport to turn boys into men than wrestling. You win and lose out there on the mat all by yourself. My boy will be 5 next year and able to start wrestling. I'm pretty excited. Its pretty fun watching the little guys roll around out there.