Post by Coloradobuck » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:32 am

how much does a realoder cost.
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

outlawlineman
Fawn
Fawn

Re: question on realoders

Post by outlawlineman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:08 pm

It depends on what you are after. Check out http://www.midwayusa.com and see if they have what you are after. I got an RCBS start up kit from my wife for Christmas awhile back (5-6 years) and love it. You can always add to it later.
Stupid should HURT

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Re: question on realoders

Post by M.Bird » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:31 pm

It depends on what you want to do, I assume just basic rifle and pistol reloading. You should be able to buy a complete kit for around $300. This will have all the basic tools and components, you will need. First thing you need to get if not included is a good caliper and case trimmer. As you progress you may want to upgrade to a digital scale. There is nothing wrong with Lee dies, RCBS better, and there are better.
The other way is find you buddies that reload and piece together the kit, Press that you like, scale that you want, powder drop (if you want one) case trimmer, dies, reloading manual, calipers, priming tool.
In all honesty it will take about 2-4 years of normal shooting to pay for your basic set-up(this depends on the caliber you shoot). It took me about 4 months to pay for my rifle/pistol set-up.

Good Luck :thumb