Any info on unit 13 in idaho

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
capt.nw
Spike
Spike

Any info on unit 13 in idaho

Post by capt.nw » Mon May 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Looking to go after whitetail in Idaho in unit 13. Anyone have ideas on where to start?
Same Monkey Different Tail....

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: Any info on unit 13 in idaho

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue May 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Take the road that goes from the town of White Bird west toward Pittsburg landing. When you get to a bunch of switchbacks in the road as it heads down the breaks toward the Snake, there are alot of whitetails in this area. The country is STEEP and there are more deer on the south side of the road(unit 18) but the tag used to be good for both units for whitetail. If you're in good shape and adventurous, try hunting down from the lookout to the road. Rough, steep country but loaded with mulies and elk......and a few nice whitetail bucks. If you thank me for this info now, you might take it back if you kill a buck in this country.-----SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

capt.nw
Spike
Spike

Re: Any info on unit 13 in idaho

Post by capt.nw » Tue May 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Wow thanks for the good info. I like getting in that steep stuff, it gets me away from people and it can make for some good canyon shooting. well my wife is having a baby so work is giving me six weeks off so I'am planning to hit the gym so I am hoping this year I will be in the best shape that I have ever been in. Well I'll hit the topos and hopfuly get out there to do some scouting.
Same Monkey Different Tail....