What a beast...and what a joke!

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
sewing
Spike
Spike

Re: What a beast...and what a joke!

Post by sewing » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:20 pm

I don't have a problem with people shooting animals like that (fenced etc) as long as they don't make it look like they are hunting. It should go in a cattle magazine as a record, NOT SCI or BnC. I don't think it will qualify for either and that is telling in itself. If it does then I have far less respect for the publication.

Great elk and a congratulations? Absolutely!
Making it look like you "hunted" the animal? LAME!

I don't have a problem with folks spending whatever kind of money they can afford to go on a hunt they love, but a non-fair chase hunt is just a glorified cattle killing IMHO.

Thanks for posting though I love to see them either way.

sewing
Spike
Spike

Post by sewing » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:27 pm

It turns out that SCI "approves" some high fence hunting estates and will allow the animals into the book.

Now that's a joke.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:53 pm

To use a line from O Brother, Where Art Thou? (one of my favorite movies):

"Oh, George... not the livestock."
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

TheHardWay
2 point
2 point

Post by TheHardWay » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 pm

^^^^^
hahaha now that's bonified!

Love that movie

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Oletrapper » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:45 am

Rulon Jones, All Pro defensive end for the Denver Broncos. Really can't see him as an elk hunter or guide. Oh well. Guess you never know.

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Oletrapper » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:07 am

sewing wrote:I don't have a problem with people shooting animals like that (fenced etc) as long as they don't make it look like they are hunting. It should go in a cattle magazine as a record, NOT SCI or BnC. I don't think it will qualify for either and that is telling in itself. If it does then I have far less respect for the publication.

Great elk and a congratulations? Absolutely!
Making it look like you "hunted" the animal? LAME!

I don't have a problem with folks spending whatever kind of money they can afford to go on a hunt they love, but a non-fair chase hunt is just a glorified cattle killing IMHO.

Thanks for posting though I love to see them either way.
To quote the Admin of their site,
"It is a very fair chase, natural, high fenced elk hunt."

I personally don't think there is such a thing. I don't care how many acres there are.That statement is an oxymoron. If there is a fence it is not natural or fair chase. Period. I also don't think B & C (according to their rules of which I approve) will allow it in the record books. OT

NMHUNTNUTTG
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NMHUNTNUTTG » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 pm

In my mind , its operations like this that drive hunting into the gutter.I'm just curious what this hunter/shooter did after he shot the bull? You know its all about the head gear for this joker and thats fine I guess , but what about the meat, the experiance of the hunt , was it even a hunt or just a hide and seek type of deal? Any and all high fence canned hunts suck! I went to TX a couple years back and hunted Temple Thompson Ranch, almost every animal wasn't spooked , had to throw rocks at younger rams to get them to press on and every ram had holes in thier ears from ear tags as if purchased at some kind of hunting game sell barn.Just rubbed me the wrong way I guess...

adamwipp
Fawn
Fawn

Post by adamwipp » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Nice Elk!! I have no problem with some one shooting a elk in a fenced in area. Its just like some one going out and buying a mount to put in there restaurant, Just dont try and tell me its the new state record! Any fence, high or low is not fair chase hunting in my book. This elk is awsome, but i consider it to be just like a high priced painting. Any one could have killed this elk, skilled or un skilled at elk hunting. It went to the highest bidder!!!
Adam Wipperfurth,

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 pm

so if i shot a world recored on a ranch that had a low fence manly used for cattle not a high fence but a low fence thats not fair chase even tho the animal can jump over it?? ive hunted such ranches so does that make me an unethical hunter? now correct me if im wrong but that seems a little naive to me. but its your opinion i respect it 100% but in my opinion is that bull is a burn of an animal high fence or not. im not tryn to offend any one im just sayin what i feel so im sorry if i make some of ya'l mad! lol -Buck
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

adamwipp
Fawn
Fawn

Post by adamwipp » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 pm

What I ment was that any fence that keeps game from being able to come and go as they please should not be considered in the record books. I didnt think about cadle fences. I agree with what you have said in your posts. I just dont think it should go in the record books. If they wont to start a new record book for farm elk, im fine with it.

Also I dont get mad at your posts :) Its nice to have some debate topics with, if we all agreed, it would get old fast!

Thanks for your posts- ColoradoBuck
Adam Wipperfurth,