Big Problem

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Nevadahunter
4 point
4 point

Big Problem

Post by Nevadahunter » Sun May 18, 2008 11:49 am

Okay..I got a hoyt vectrix..i am 13...the draw length is to high for me.. i have set it down as short as it can go but its still to long..the people at the pro shop said i need new cams..is that all i have to do? and if so what kind of cams should i get for it because i would really like if you can help becauase i was hoping for the archery antelope tag this year :not-worthy :not-worthy :not-worthy
If God Had Intended For Us To Be Vegitarians, Why Did He Make Animals With Meat?
Unless You Haven't Heard..I'm a Pretty Big Deal Around Here.

9er
Monster
Monster

Re: Big Problem

Post by 9er » Sun May 18, 2008 12:05 pm

You have a BIG problem, you should have bought a Mathews :)) :))

like the shop said, buy some new cams that allow a shorter draw length, if the shop where you went is any good, they should be able to help ya out!!

good luck
9er
Watch your top knot!

skyhawkbowhunter1
Spike
Spike

Post by skyhawkbowhunter1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:17 pm

do u shoot with a release

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:18 am

you are 13 this means you are growing I would keep the old cams because you will need to change them back next year. but if you do shoot with a release just hook the release to the string instead of the loop and this might shorten it enough for you to use
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

bullelk
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bullelk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:24 pm

You made a wise choice with this bow. Like others said, the shop should be able to change out the cams, and you need to keep your old ones. Shoot straight this fall!!!

Nevadahunter
4 point
4 point

Post by Nevadahunter » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:00 am

Yes i shoot a release which makes it feel longer to me.
If God Had Intended For Us To Be Vegitarians, Why Did He Make Animals With Meat?
Unless You Haven't Heard..I'm a Pretty Big Deal Around Here.

Bustin Bucks
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bustin Bucks » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:33 pm

Great bow first off but yes you will need new cams and probably a new string as well

sagebrush
Spike
Spike

Post by sagebrush » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:19 am

I THINK YOUR DAD SHOULD BE ASKING THE SHOP WHERE YOU BOUGHT THAT BOW WHY THEY SOLD
YOU A BOW THAT THEY KNEW WAS TOO BIG FOR YOU.... AND WHY THEY DIDNT ORDER THE CAMS FOR
YOU BEFORE YOU LEFT THE STORE, THE ANSWER TO THAT IS THEY WERE AFRAID THEY WOULD LOOSE A SALE IF YOU DEMANDED THEY PUT THE RIGHT CAMS ON THE BOW BEFORE YOU PAID FOR IT... AND THEY REFUSED.... BECUASE THEN THEY WOULD BE STUCK WITH AN EXTRA SET OF CAMS .... OR LOOSE THE SALE... SO THEY STUCK YOU INSTEAD.... IF I WERE YOU I WOULD DO THIS... I WOULD CALL THE BOW
COMPANY THAT MADE THE BOW...TALK TO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE... CHANCES ARE THEY WILL SEND
YOU A SET OF CAMS FREE.... THEY HAVE AN INTERST IN SEEING THAT YOU ARE A NEW PARTICIPANT IN
BOW HUNTING AS A YOUTH.... AND THAT YOU WILL REMEMBER HOW WELL THEY TREATED YOU NEXT TIME
YOU WANT A NEW BOW... CALL THE BOW MAKER BEFORE YOU PAY FOR CAMS....