Turkey Tips

Talk anything related to bowhunting
shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Turkey Tips

Post by shedhunter » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:52 pm

I drew a trukey tag here in Southern Utah and was wondering if any of you have tips on a broadhead to use. I have seen a lot of different opinions in magizines, but what is your personal opinion? I have thought about going with a Rocket Sledgehammer (because of the 3 1/2" cutting diameter). I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find any spacifically designed for this purpose? So if you have hunted turkeys with your bow I would like to hear from you and hear of what equiptment you have used and any other useful tips you may have! Thanks for the replies in advance!!
~shedhunter~

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:10 pm

shedhunter:

First off, congratulations on drawing the tag. I think your choice of broadhead is outstanding. Although I'm not a fan of mechanical heads for big game, my experience has shown they work wonders on turkeys. Sight 'em in, give a few yelps, and let it fly! :arrow Good luck.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:57 pm

Know nothing about the tips, but when does your Turkey hunt start?
I know BOHNTR has taken em with the bow, so he would know better than most I'm sure. Good luck to ya.

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Pine Valley B

Post by shedhunter » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:48 am

I drew the Pine Valley B hunt here in good ol' Southern Utah. It starts April 18th. My brother drew a Zion A tag wich starts on the 16th so we will both be out at the same time (unless he gets a bird opening two days!). Should be a lot of fun. Found some pretty good birds, but I guess we'll see how that goes! I could be hunting bears with a bow on the La Sal's if all goes as hoped. They post the results for Utah bear on April first and I applied for one of the 4 spring bear hunts, which start on the 9th. I hope that things will go my way this April! :)
~shedhunter~